shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WHITEOWL

Rough_Rock
Hello we are thinking of buying a diamond ring. We looked at one we really like it''s a very good cut HI/I2 that''s the only information they gave me it''s worth 2999. Is that a good price and a good Diamond? Thanks in advance for your help WHITEOWL

reena

Ideal_Rock
could you tell us what shape stone and what carat weight? who is offering the stone for sale?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Welcome WHITEOWL,

I'm sure you will very soon be bombarded with far more educated responses than what I'm about to give you.

Without knowing anything about the cut, carat size, or setting, I ran two quick PS searches for an I2 H and I, 1 carat round brilliant stones. The numbers I got with those two different color searches came up with a range of $1694 - $2224. Again, I don't know what your setting cost or how large the diamond is. Assuming it's a very simple solitaire, or it's smaller than a carat, then I'd say you overpaid.

That's not to say an I2 clarity ring is going to inherantly not sparkle or be lovely to your eyes, but it is not a good clarity grade.

EDIT!!! - I read too quickly, you didn't buy it already, never mind....yes, as Reena said--shape/carat weight?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Just one suggestion: DON''T BUY AN I2 FOR AN ENGAGEMENT RING!!

She''ll look at that big obvious (and believe me an I2 is obvious) inclusion sitting in her most treasured piece of jewelry forever!!

WHITEOWL

Rough_Rock
OOPPSSSS....Sorry new to this . the shape is round and it is 1.00 carat the design is past present future and 2 baguettes on the side

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
My opinion of Peoples is that they are a ripoff. For a mall jeweller, they have pretty high prices for diamonds that are only of average quality. They do have some "People''s" diamonds and "Prestige" diamonds that are better quality but not good enough to warrant the terrible markup.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never seen anything quality a people''s. If this is for an engagement ring, take the advice others have given you, don''t but an I2! It will be included and those inclusions will be noticeable to the naked eye. I''d lower my carat weight and buy a better clarity!

WHITEOWL

Rough_Rock
Hello again. I been reading up on the diamond and i read that if the cut is very good then the clarity don''t matter as much is this true???

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Yes, a good cut is the most important factor, but you are still talking I2. With a SUPERB cut, an I1 CAN (I said CAN, not IS) be a beautiful thing. However, there is a BIG difference between I1 and I2 clarity.
Honestly, I would stick with nothing lower than an SI2, even if that means you have to forgoe the three stone ring at this point in time. Better to put the money in the best center stone you can find, and then re-mount it in a setting with side diamonds when you can.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My best advice to you is to take full advantage of this forum and read all of the tutorial information. You need to understand cut, clarity, color, carat weight (size), and spread a bit better (as most of us did when we first came here!). Once you have these consumer "basics" you willl be able to answer many of your own questions and start a more meaningful search for a stone.

All of us are here to help but I sense that a good foundation is in order. Yes--a good cut can mask inclusions but an I2 diamond is dangerous for an ering, cut or not. You can become savvy and go with SI clarity stones that are "eye clean" because of the cut quality and/or nature/location of the inclusions.

1.gif

WHITEOWL

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody for your advice greatly appreciated. If you have any more information i would luv to hear from you..
2.gif

WHITEOWL

Rough_Rock
Hello i need your help... Can anybody tell me if Gemscan is a good lab for certifying a diamond?? Thanks

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I2? ....Do you have a picture of the actual ring? The price is way overpriced for the stones they are offering in that ring...

WHITEOWL

Rough_Rock
No i do not have a pic of the ring it''s still at the store...I''m still shopping. But i think what i am going to do is look for the same kind of ring but better quality...
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2004 12:47:17 PM
Author: WHITEOWL
No i do not have a pic of the ring it''s still at the store...I''m still shopping. But i think what i am going to do is look for the same kind of ring but better quality...
1.gif
good idea........i think you will be happier with a cleaner stone.
let us know what you find!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results