shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond holder ring thingies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen several threads where people have their loose diamond held in some kind of temp ring setting - maybe tension like I dunno... but there are 4 prongs and they''re very rough... what are those called and where do you get them?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra,

They are not temp settings at all. They are just cheap stone holders which allow you to get an idea of the size of the stone on your finger and hopefully keep the stone from getting lost! The vendors have them and I imagine other jewelers would, too. They shouldn't cost more than a dollar. They're just a little piece of metal!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 1:05:49 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Cehra,

They are not temp settings at all. They are just cheap stone holders which allow you to get an idea of the size of the stone on your finger and hopefully keep the stone from getting lost! The vendors have them and I imagine other jewelers would, too. They shouldn''t cost more than a dollar. They''re just a little piece of metal!
well yeah that''s what I meant by temp I meant REALLLLLLY temp LOL!

Where can I get one?? Anyone know? Thanks DS :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just call any jewelry store and ask. Wink and Jonathan sent me one with the stones I looked at, and I guess if you can''t get one locally, then maybe they''d mail you one. But if you are having stones sent to you to look at, that vendor should be the one supplying you with one.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
They usually call them display ring holders - if you live near a jewelry supply store they cost 50 cents (they have them in downtown LA). You can also find them on the internet for about $3 - just do a search for display ring holder.

http://www.nationaljewelerssupplies.com/page/NJS/PROD/SK1910 (they carry it in yellow gold color too on that site)

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I didn''t see the post before mine (I was trying to find the link I listed on the internet) - that site works too!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya know, I like these ring holders because they let you put it on your hand and see what it looks like...but it drives me nuts that they are soooo big and sooo high. I can''t imagine anyone with fingers that big or a diamond they would want to set that high. Just a pet peeve of mine, sorry for the side track.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 1:50:19 PM
Author: Scott 00
Hi Cehra :)

Here is a link for the stone holder rings that you are asking about... in afew different colors. Hope this helps.

http://www.ottofrei.com/store/home.php?cat=1053

I''ve never ordered from them but they are very reasonable with their prices and selections.
omg that cracks me up - the stone shovel... yeah don''t we all just *wish* we needed a SHOVEL to move our diamonds around ;D

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2006 4:05:28 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Ya know, I like these ring holders because they let you put it on your hand and see what it looks like...but it drives me nuts that they are soooo big and sooo high. I can''t imagine anyone with fingers that big or a diamond they would want to set that high. Just a pet peeve of mine, sorry for the side track.
I have big fingers so I hope it fits LOL

thanks guys :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, it will fit!! I do have small fingers, but seriously these holders would fit the green giant!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results