shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Color for Yellow-Gold Setting

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Still on my quest... :)

For a yellow gold setting, at what point are you paying for color quality that because of the yellow gold is not worth it. I believe from what I've seen and read and heard that if you're doing a white metal that doing a lower color diamond will be more obviously tinted than with yellow gold.

If you're going to buy a Yellow Gold setting (white prongs), don't go higher than a ______ color stone.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think really depends on your color sensitivity, also size of the stone, as you are going for a largish stone.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
IMHO there is no such thing as 'too high'. I put a stone on a yellow gold ring that sits down in the gold, with gold coming over the side of the stone. It's the middle ring in my avatar. I chose a D and I can tell it's super white even swimming in yellow gold like it is. It's a matter of how much you like the crisper white effect of a high color.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
If you're using white gold or plat prongs I honestly think it is a non-issue. That said,ditto Stone there are no definitive answers due to variables such as colour sensitivity,size cutting and shape of diamond, style of setting and so on. Sorry! :|

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results