shape
carat
color
clarity

Deal or no Deal Was Gonna Buy Local Now Considering Online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ace001

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at rings between 1.5-2ct. I have been priced a 1.63 HSI2 with excellent cut. This diamond with a band was priced at 10800. I am thinking this seems a little high but not sure. The weird thing is that the local jeweler has showed me several rings that were ESI2,FSI3,GSIx and this HSI2 looks way better. My mind is somewhat confused on what to do. I just know she doesnt wanna see any color in it or inclusions with the naked eye. Any advice on leading me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. If online is recommended maybe someone can past a link to a thread that list online vendors.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The proportions of the diamond are the primary control of visual performance, which might be why the H, SI-2 you mention looked better than the other options. There are lots of tutorials and articles pertaining to proportions here on the forum and within the various vendor web sites. - see the Resources / Diamond Vendors link located at the top of this page for a directory of diamond dealers. You can also get a good feel for who the various vendors are by reviewing their posts here on the forum.

ace001

Rough_Rock
Thanks I will take a look at the resource link. I have found a few diamonds but I cant find a band similar to the one she had picked out.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Can you post a picture of the band, or give a good description? There are people on this forum who are very good at finding settings. You might want to start a new thread about just the setting.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can give us an idea of the band she pick out some of our PS snoopers may be
able to track it down for you.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Can''t answer your question since you haven''t given enough information about the stone you are interested in. Who said it is an excellent cut? The report or the store? That term gets used very loosely. Here is one to consider or compare yours with.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6047/

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2009 2:23:28 PM
Author:ace001
I have been looking at rings between 1.5-2ct. I have been priced a 1.63 HSI2 with excellent cut. This diamond with a band was priced at 10800. I am thinking this seems a little high but not sure. The weird thing is that the local jeweler has showed me several rings that were ESI2,FSI3,GSIx and this HSI2 looks way better. My mind is somewhat confused on what to do. I just know she doesnt wanna see any color in it or inclusions with the naked eye. Any advice on leading me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. If online is recommended maybe someone can past a link to a thread that list online vendors.
SI3 is an EGL invented and used grade so this diamond must have an EGL report, are all the diamonds EGL graded? EGL are considered to grade leniently compared to GIA or AGS, this page explains further.

ace001

Rough_Rock
The HSI2 with excellent cut was graded by GIA and was on the certificate.

The band we found was called a split shank I believe. I actually have the id number to the ring wrote down somewhere if that would help. Basically the ring splits at the top. The total weight of the setting was around .4ct. It has diamonds on the side halfway and up, not around the whole band. The split at the top is very small and this is what is hard to find. By small I mean the split is barely open at the top. So you can barely see her finger through the split. She doesnt like the ones where the split shows a lot of her finger. Hopefully this makes some sense.

I actually found this link which is very similar. I can tell for sure though. She just doesnt want to see a lot of her finger between the split.

http://www.diamondonnet.com/product/index.php?action=det&pId=47265&cId=12&m_type=3

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
GIA Ex cut allows for some leaky combination, so we will need the numbers to judge the cut of the stone and not based it on GIA grade. If you can, list down the GIA report number and the carat weight of the stone and we can take a look for you.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am confused. Are you looking at loose stones, settings or settings with the stone already in it? I was thinking you were comparing loose stones.

WF has a couple split shanks. Allegro and Divisi

ace001

Rough_Rock
Really I am just comparing stones. i was just giving an idea on the band I want since i cant find it online. The band is also just round not raised up in the middle like the pic I posted. meaning you cant see the band running underneath the split like it shows in the pic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results