shape
carat
color
clarity

De Beers Goes to U.S. Court on March 11

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like it''s going to happen after all...
errrr.gif

Decade Old Antitrust Charges About Industrial Diamond May Be Resolved... De Beers Officials May Be Allowed To Travel To The United States... Antitrust Issues Relating To Gem Diamonds Will Take Time to Resolve

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
WOW, I am supprised anyone has paid attention too that, people would be horrified and probably would never buy diamonds if they knew what De Beers did the the US durring WWII when we asked for industral grade diamonds...among a lot of other reasons for the last 60 years, Good post, most people dont know why De Beers people have been terrified to set foot on American Soil, if you want more info I would sugest reading the book by Kevin Krajick Called "Barren Lands" also a good book about the Canadian Diamond finds and what they did too them too! Amazing story.
Worth looking into if your a real diamond buff or have every taken an interst in finding diamonds somewhere besides online or in a store. Before I went into jewelry design I looked at possibly mining them here along the Colorado/Wyoming border....yes there are Diamonds too be found in the Centeral US largest so far over 27 carats rough, ended up being 13+ carats cut if my memory serves correctly.

David Emslie

Designer of fine jewelry

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear about these mysterious 'other' diamond sources...

David, do you know what is happening with the deposits discovered in Finland ? I'll be passing by hoping to get some local minerals for fun, but there is little info on Finnish diamonds to be found.

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
There is not much to say about Finnish diamonds
sad.gif

So far 1(one) facet has cut to 1(one) stone witch was big enough to carry one.

Last press release was given 2002

I have seen some rough samples of the Lentiira Mine.
The crystals are twisted and full of holes, therefore no commercial value.

More interesting are the areas in Russia near Finnish border.

But you never know... maybe they someday find a good pipe to dig in to.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
I was unaware of any finds in Finland, but it does not supprize me, the things seem to be showing up everywhere. (something old De Beers does not like) people were finding them in fields all over the us up untill about 1906 or so, with the advent of the tractor farmers were not that close too the ground so they stoped showing up as frequently. I think almost every state in the US has had at least one legitiment documented and recorded diamond find. Most of it secondary due to secondary deposition, either glacial or alluvial. I know that every contenant has had a direct source with the exeption of Antarctica as that is off limits. But yes, Just a 30 min drive from me is the location of the only commerical diamond mine in the US.
the Kimberlite ore is rather common here (have it in my garden
tongue.gif
)
Pipes have been found Thoughout northern Colorado, Southern and central Wyoming, Kansas and some in Montana. Stones have been found as well. Not commonly, Diamonds found in the US are not considered to be Exotic here, and definatly have not been taken seriousely. More of a joke actualy, again, see De Beers and the history of what they did too our mining attempts durring WWII and what they tryed to do to the guys in Canada a few years back.

JoJoNAloha

Rough_Rock
Ok, I'm kinda lost...isn't De Beers the largest diamond supplier in the world? What is this about them not being allowed in the US for the last 60 years or whatever? I've heard commercials on the radio for them. I thought they were part of the reason diamonds were so expensive...because they own so many of the mines that they can control the rarity. I heard that diamonds are actually not rare, being that it is carbon-one of the most abundant elements on earth. True that well cut diamonds are harder to find...but still. Anyway..lol.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Durring the Second World war we needed Industral grade diamonds badly in order to bore gunsights and the like, they were considerd a very important war time need as you probably know they are very hard.

When the US Government asked to buy more diamonds than De Beers was going to allow out that year (for industrial grade mind you) they said no, only X number of carts were allowed as that was the policy...never mind they were getting the crap bombed out of them in the UK...

Anyway here in the US alot of people did some searching to find diamonds, there was only one known place at the time, Crater of Diamonds In Arkansas, Well it turns out after spending millions of dollars and setting up a mining plant and after a couple years of operation...the turn out was about 9 industral stones over 1 ct when initial testing proved more than that. we found 9 stones by the wars end.

After an investigation it turned out all the Consultants for the mine and all the workers were on De Beers payroll as well. turns out alot of the fires, sabatoge of the plant and all of the equipment was set up wrong as well, the supper low yeilds and the millions of dollars spend to make it right just dissapeared...hmmm...coincedence? nah, of course not, why would anything like that happen when lots of money is involved...

In any case De Beers people have been scared to death to set foot on US soil ever since. They would be tryed for espeionage and sabatoge.
Likewise with anti turst suits and other mis deeds....yeah these are not good people...more of an organized criminal organization of you use the dictionary term for organized crime...but again...why would that happen if there is not lots of money involed...sure they must be honest right???

In any case, just becuase you cant set food in a place does not mean you cant make money off it...how many people who own stocks have never been to wall st? Do you really have to do more to do an add campain than hire and aprove things by mail/phone ect if you lots of money you can hire outside consultants to do that work for you, its not illegal to do business in a country that you have commited crimes in...so long as you dont go there your ok.

Anway, look it up in that book I recomended above. Its an amazing story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results