shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Setting Costs???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_buyer_2004

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know what the approx. cost of the setting pictured here:

http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/rings/engagement_other_ring.asp?ring=deco&

would be if it were to be custom made. The side diamonds are 12 square cuts, total = ~0.44cts, and 2 trapazoid cut stones, total = ~ 0.16cts.

Click on the picture for a more detailed view.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, the reason that you're not receiving an answer here is that nobody feels like being nailed by Tiffany for copyright infringement
2.gif

diamond_buyer_2004

Rough_Rock
I am not looking to have that exact ring made. Rather, I am interested in what something like this ring would cost. Regardless, as far as I am aware it is not illegal to speculate or estimate the cost of anything.

zmre2b

Rough_Rock
I would guess $1000 at most for the platinum plus the cost of the princess stones in the shank which could vary a lot depending on how many, how big, what quality etc. roughly: 5 stones down each side at 5-10 pts each = .5 - 1 cttw = ~800-$1000/ct? If the stones are all the way around then double or triple that.

And don't worry about asking a jeweler to copy it. Jewelery designs are copied all the time. Especially in one-off custom pieces. The only time anyone like Tiffany thinks it is worth it to litigate is when a design is being copied in mass production like the Yurman cases (where the losing defendant "embarked on a heavy advertising program to market the designs under its own label.") But of course you still see Yurman knock offs being sold everywhere.

see http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=2nd&navby=case&no=007765

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results