shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a cushion cut that I bought in February. Specs are .91 5.90X5.46X3.71(1.08). After looking at some amazing rings, DSS bit me. I was looking to upgrade with a stone that is 1.02 6.27X5.76X3.96(1.09). Would there be a considerable amount of size difference in these two stones? Would there be much of a difference between VVS2 &VS1? All help will be appreciated.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure how much of a size difference you will see between the two of them unless compared side by side. However, there isn''t much at all visual difference between a VVS and a VS. If they are about the same price I would totally go down in clarity to get a bigger stone. I would even go down to an eye clean SI. Most people on this site prefer lower clarity grades to get more bling for your buck as long as they are eye-clean.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/29/2006 9:30:24 PM
Author:Gothgrrl
I have a cushion cut that I bought in February. Specs are .91 5.90X5.46X3.71(1.08). After looking at some amazing rings, DSS bit me. I was looking to upgrade with a stone that is 1.02 6.27X5.76X3.96(1.09). Would there be a considerable amount of size difference in these two stones? Would there be much of a difference between VVS2 &VS1? All help will be appreciated.
Depends in what kind of setting you are planning, but there will be a considerable size difference if you compare them in the loose state.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The .91 is set in a Tiffany type setting. If I were to get the 1.02, it will be in the same type of setting. 4 prong Tiffany style.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I think the size difference would be noticeable to you, but probably not to anyone else
2.gif
And i wouldn''t worry at all about the difference of clarity. I''m sure you won''t see a thing is VS1!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Just got through talking with Bob. So okay, upgrade is the way I''m going to go.
31.gif
As soon as my ring comes in I''ll try to post pictures for all you lovely people. Thanks all.
9.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the new stone came in and after looking at the pictures this stone is not as pretty as the one I currently have. There are 2 big noticable bow ties.
14.gif
I am bummed. But on the bright side I''ll still be looking and maybe can talk hubby into getting something bigger. Not to mention a visual size difference, like I want.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results