shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut table size - help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
My BF is currently searching for my e-ring, which will be a cushion cut between 1.5 and 1.75c. I''ve given him lots of basic criteria in terms the shape of the stone and the type of setting I would like, but he doesn''t want me involved much more than that. Last night he told me that after seeing a lot of stones, he''s just not sure what look I''d prefer since cushions are so varied. He said that the table size in particular seems to make a big difference in the look of the stone. I''m planning to see some stones in person so that I can give him my opinion, but I''m wondering if anyone can tell me if a smaller or larger table is preferable in a cushion to maximize sparkle. Or somewhere in the middle? I''m obviously clueless
rolleyes.gif
All of the cushion cut rings I''ve seen have been beautiful, and I just don''t know if I have a preference!

Also, did the older cushions have larger or smaller tables? I''m most likely getting a "modified cushion brilliant" rather than an antique stone.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't think any diamonds of the regular shapes look better with larger rather than smaller sized tables. Different cuts demand some modification from the round configuration, but cushion shapes should run within the AGA round to oval ranges depending somewhat if they are squarish or more oblong to oval.

Most that you'll find will not have large tables, say over 62%, anyway. Sparkle is not directly related to table size, so concentrate on what YOU like, not numbers.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results