shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Engagement Ring - Should I Go For It?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tbaginus

Rough_Rock
PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!

okay...so i''m very new to this whole ''diamond'' thing, and i''d just like some reassurance about a diamond that i''m looking at. i found it at international jewelers in bellevue, wa (i typically would go for a smaller family owned jewelry store, but this stone seems just right). it''s a .71 carat, SI1 clarity, G color cushion cut diamond. GIA certified and all that jazz. total cost mounted in a platinum 4 prong solitare setting is $2700. does this sound like an okay deal to all you experts? my girlfriend loves a cushion cut and it has proved to be quite difficult to locate them at any local stores. with that said, i have not been able to look at many different stones for comparison. any cushion experts out there know what i should be looking for? is a 4 prong setting better than a 6? anyone had any experience with this outfit (international jewelers)? i''d love any and all feedback as this is a very nerve-racking experience and i want to know that i''m making a wise purchase. thanks in advance!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are allot of cushion cut diamonds out there. It would be nice to have some choice, no?

With just one ring infront and the GIA cert, you could be looking for what those inclusions are an if the cut of the stone may have obvious problems - say, a very thin girdle, or less than "good" polish or symmetry. And if the size (surface) of the stne is as much as expected from this weight.

It would be great to know how this one piece may compare with others for brilliance. Seeing more diamonds like this would help. Using an Ideal Scope for shopping is another idea.

It is hard to comment on the price without knowing what the setting looks like. You may want to search the database her for some quotes. Simple four prong settings could be as little as $100 - what is that one like?

reena

Ideal_Rock
i second what ana said.

can you post the info off the cert? ie table, depth, polish, symm, flr, girlde, culet, measurements?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results