shape
carat
color
clarity

Could you compare ACA and expert selection in whiteflash?

robinvane

Rough_Rock
I am struggling between two stones in whiteflash. I want a 1.1ct stone but the ACA is a little less than that. And I found another one which is a expert selection. I am not a diamond expert, could any one explain what's the difference of ACA and expert selection? Do they look different in common light conditions?

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Could you compare ACA and expert selection in whiteflash

ES usually just miss the cut for ACA, case by case. Would need to see the 2 stones in question.

I would as WF to do a blind test for you with their sales rep and see what is the outcome.

NervousBuyer

Rough_Rock

ACA commands a slight premium for being perfectly within WF's range in ALL categories. ES stones are ones which may miss the mark in one or two categories - often this has no affect on the performance or look of the diamond. It may be caused by having an issue with the hearts or arrows (not perfect enough) or something else. ACAs are for those who want it all to be perfect. If you don't care about having 100% perfect hearts and arrows, you can probably find an ES that is equal in all other respects. If you find an ES you love, get it and don't worry. At the same time, if you love an ACA, don't feel like you are overpaying. Both are lovely and it is a personal choice.

Good luck!

malnik

Rough_Rock

They will look the same as far as your eyes could tell. Most Expert Selection are already top tier grade, AGS000 stones and has better value because buyers will recieve the same service and trade-in policy as ACA.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What two stones, specifically? Links or pics+report number+exact ct wt

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, and my daughter's diamond was a great value in Premium Select only because polish was excellent instead of ideal! And that is invisible to our eyes! I'd want to be sure the ES stone's diameter is larger than the other...you can't judge size by the weight alone because a deeper cut stone can face up smaller than one that weighs less!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results