shape
carat
color
clarity

Combining holiday with diamond purchase ?

mhbc1234

Rough_Rock
Does anyone ever do this, it sounds like a good idea ? At least that way you can see the diamond in person

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You mean taking a trip and buying a diamond at the same time?

It can be a great idea IF you do prep work, educate yourself on what you want, take the right tools with you, investigate the jewelers, make appointments and ask them to have stones that meet your requirements before hand.

It's a TERRIBLE idea if you go and randomly go to jewelers that have 'nice window displays' and do no research on them before hand, go in and buy something on a whim without checking the comps to see if the pricing you are getting is good, and then walking out with a something --- where you might go back home and have a problem and realize that they have no return policy that you can enforce.

Like anything else, if can be a good or bad thing depending on how you prepare for it and plan it.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
This is exactly what I am doing! I live in Australia and am planning a trip to NY in jan to close my stone in person as I'm looking for an oec with great optics and there's just very little to see in person in oz. I've been researching everything I could possibly find and read for the last 3 years and I am now contacting vendors. At this point though ii know exactly what I want and what I wouldn't compromise on so I'm fairly certain it will a case of 'yep ill have that one' I'll probably get my stone in NY and at this point get it set in LA which works out well as my partner is pretty keen on seeing both.

mhbc1234

Rough_Rock
'This is exactly what I am doing! I live in Australia and am planning a trip to NY in jan to close my stone in person as I'm looking for an oec with great optics and there's just very little to see in person in oz. I've been researching everything I could possibly find and read for the last 3 years and I am now contacting vendors. At this point though ii know exactly what I want and what I wouldn't compromise on so I'm fairly certain it will a case of 'yep ill have that one' I'll probably get my stone in NY and at this point get it set in LA which works out well as my partner is pretty keen on seeing both"

Oh cool !! way cool. thats what i want to do exactly but i am after a large rb and the aussie vendors are just not as good. i want to know all :) i live in melbourne, how about you ? do they know you are coming ? have you prearranged it before you go so they have them in store for you to view ? i also want to also trade mine in, while im there. how long will you be in us for ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results