shape
carat
color
clarity

Canadian Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dean

Rough_Rock
As I live in Canada the local dealers try to push Canadian Diamonds (Sirius). They seem to be slightly more expensive, in general does this reflect good quality and value or is it just marketing of a band name/ image? Also is a hearts and arrows scope and an ideal-scope the same thing and what do people thing of the new sirius cut called arctic empress?

Thanks
Dean
confused.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Dean, welcome to the forum.
1.gif
----------------
They seem to be slightly more expensive, in general does this reflect good quality and value or is it just marketing of a band name/ image?
----------------
All the things kept the same, Canadian diamonds are usually more expensive because of the public sentiments, image of Canadian North, etc, which are not a bad thing of course. I love Canada and maybe wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for diamonds mined and cut in Canada.
----------------
Also is a hearts and arrows scope and an ideal-scope the same thing…
----------------
They are not the same. Ideal-Scope is designed to show light leakage. Ideal-Scope will not show the hearts pattern from pavilion. You can see arrows using both scopes.
----------------
…what do people thing of the new sirius cut called arctic empress?
----------------
It is another squarish branded cut by Sirius. It has pavilion faceted as princess and crown as radiant.

ice_is_nice

Rough_Rock
I've seen some Arctic Empress diamonds. I think that they are a lot nicer than the Princess cut but that's just my own personal opinion.

Here is some info that you might be able to use for comparison purposes in case you are interested:

0.94 ct
G
SI2
5.99x5.26x3.76
58% table
71.5% depth
31.1* (12.9%) crown
51.7% pavillion
pointed culet
thick girdle
very good symmetry
very good polish
faint fluorescence
retail price $7,857 (note: all prices are in U.S. dollars)
Discounted price $6,250

0.93 ct
F
VS2
Retail Price $9,928
Discounted Price $7,071

F
VS1
Retail Price $8,195
Discounted Price $6,142

G
SI1
Retail Price $6,851
Discounted Price $5,357

These stones came from a couple of different retailers. As you can see from the variation in prices, it pays to shop around. If any retailer thinks that they will actually be able to get the retail price for these stones they must be dreaming! I think those prices were used as a marketing ploy to make me think that I was getting a good deal and to dissuade me from trying to negotiate any further.

Good luck in your search!

1.gif

DustieRenee

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a diamond on-line from a wholesaler in Canada. His prices are great. His web site is www.diamondwholesalecorporation.com.
I delt with Pat, his # is 905-773-1500.
It was a wonderful experience!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results