shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you show me pics with a size 8+ finger and 1 carat stones????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slyons29

Rough_Rock
2.gif
So the BF an I are going to start looking and our budget is not that great (house hunting and baby planning soon!). Here''s the thing, I am a JUNKIE about big stones and having my finger covered from side to side and I have no idea how we''re going to get there on a $7K budget. Most of the rings sizes here are teeny tiny with huge rocks (lovely pics and gorgeous rings everyone!). I''ve tried shopping but GOD FORBID any b&M store carries a ring setting larger than a six. You see my dilemma . . . (I work in NYC in a big mid-town company where girls 15 years younger than I am are sporting rings with, on average, 2-4 carats some with halos, some with gorgeous pave split shanks).

Here''s what I am looking for:

3 stone round brilliant (AGS000/ACA or H&A) with a center stone of maybe .8 or 1.0 and side stones of .5 or .6 (I am in love with the whiteflash 3 stone trellis surprise diamond setting)

ORRRR

3 stone, asscher or round brilliant with a center stone of maybe .75-.9, side stones of .3 to .5 set in a halo (think Leon style)

Am I out of my mind that this is possible? My three most important goals:

1) best cut stones possible
2) maximum finger coverage
3) platinimum antique/deco type setting

I have a RHR with a center yellow stone of close to 3 carats with .6 diamond trillion sides and I just LOVE the way it looks on my hand and the spread I get. I think I am looking for an overall ring spread between 10mm and 12mm. (My only other option is a colored center stoen (think cornflower blue sapphire.)

Help me?
20.gif

If I am crazy let me know but more importantly if you have great examples of size 8.25 to 9 rings with smaller stones that would be a huge help!
36.gif

Much Thanks-

CocosGirk

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi slyons,

No, you''re not crazy! But, stick with rounds. Asschers are gorgeous, but face up much smaller than their ct. size, not good for a budget.
2.gif

If you go to J SI1''s or SI2''s, you can get your 1ct. plus .50 sides and still have enough for a platinum setting, I think.

That would look great!

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
I can''t help you, but I''d also love to see different sizes of stones on big fingers!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you said you want round, but if you could be persuaded to try something different, oval and marquise diamonds usually face up the largest for their carat weight. Plus they''re usually priced cheaper than round brilliants. I think a good sized oval or marquise in an east/west setting with a halo (or with the oval, sidestones) could give you great finger coverage. I would definitely stay away from asschers because they face up the smallest for their carat weight!

However, you could always go with some ACAs from Whiteflash and outsparkle all the other rings! Plus, WF has a great upgrade policy so you can always trade in your center stone for a larger center stone later on! If it were me, I''d probably go for the largest center stone I could and add sidestones later.

I don''t know how flexible your budget is, but there''s a 1.56 carat J/SI1 ACA for $9180 on Whiteflash right now. That would be $8721 after the wire transfer and PS discount. I don''t know if it''s possible for you, but if it is, I''d probably go for that and get the least expensive white gold setting that I could from Whiteflash!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw that Whiteflash also has some 1.5 carat Ks for even less! Do a search for Js and Ks and see if you think you wouldn''t mind the color! A lot of people here have J ACAs and are very happy with them and 3hearts has a sick K ACA that looks amazing! I wouldn''t hesitate to do a J and I think I could definitely do a K, too, after seeing 3hearts'' ring!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 12:42:55 AM
Author:slyons29
I think I am looking for an overall ring spread between 10mm and 12mm. (My only other option is a colored center stoen (think cornflower blue sapphire.)
I maybe biased but I would go for a sapphire center stone and diamond side stones... I wanted a larger stone for my ering (as well as a more intricate setting) and I had a budget about half of yours. I went with a yellow sapphire center small diamond sides and lots of pave. I know for 7k you could get a magnificent sapphire with good sized diamond side stones... also, if you are going for finger coverage you may want to consider halos since they really "up" the size IMO.

Good luck with your search.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results