shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling the experts - help please!...................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted some help with a diamond I am considering. The diamond is GIA certified and the details are as follow:-

Depth 61.9%

Table 57%

Crown Angle 35.5%

Crown Height 15.5%

Pav Angle 41.0

Pav Depth 43%

Star length 55%

Lower Half 80%

Girle 3.5% Med to slightly thick Faceted

No fluor

6.40 x 6.45 x 3.98mm = 1.01ct

I await your very helpful advice, thanks
35.gif
Don''t know how I would set it as yet, eg bezel pendant/ring no plans

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 5:34:41 AM
Author:Monnyjay
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted some help with a diamond I am considering. The diamond is GIA certified and the details are as follow:-

Depth 61.9%

Table 57%

Crown Angle 35.5%

Crown Height 15.5%

Pav Angle 41.0

Pav Depth 43%

Star length 55%

Lower Half 80%

Girle 3.5% Med to slightly thick Faceted

No fluor

6.40 x 6.45 x 3.98mm = 1.01ct

I await your very helpful advice, thanks
35.gif
Don''t know how I would set it as yet, eg bezel pendant/ring no plans
Hi Monny!

I would want an Idealscope image for this diamond, due to the angle ranges it is possible it might show light leakage, can you get an image from the vendor? Or have you seen it in person?

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank-you Lorelei, that was super quick. The GIA Lab report number is 1109309215 don''t know if that helps. I have only seen the lab report/certificate which I thought seemed very good - excellent cut? I am only considering purchasing because it is priced well at this point. Can you pick up more info from the cert?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 6:00:19 AM
Author: Monnyjay
Thank-you Lorelei, that was super quick. The GIA Lab report number is 1109309215 don't know if that helps. I have only seen the lab report/certificate which I thought seemed very good - excellent cut? I am only considering purchasing because it is priced well at this point. Can you pick up more info from the cert?
You are welcome!

Unfortunately I can't glean any more info from the report, an image is essential due to these angle ranges as it is possible due to the overall cut precision and other factors that it could show leakage, its one of those diamonds that I would not be inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to personally without an image due to the steep deep angles, or it is also possible that the longer lower girdle facets might offset any leakage, an image would tell us more.

Ask the vendor for an idealscope image, they might be able to provide one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results