shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling cushion people I''ve got a few ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BABYPUFFIN

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I''m looking at a cushion cut diamond and had a few questions. Here are the stats:

Pol/sym are both excellent
E
VVS2
Measurements are 5.89X 5.57X 3.74
No flour
Gridle is SL Thk/Very thick faceted.
Culet: slightly large
Depth: 67.1
Table: 56

My questions, I have been reading a few threads and was wondering about the culet. Some people have said they have culets that aren''t open. For some reason I thought any diamond that had a culet there was some kind of hole or opening. Also I''m going to look at the stone, but how does it sound on paper. The jeweler said it was a premium cut stone and it would be pretty cool to own a EX/EX diamond. What do you think of the measurements? Overall does it sound promsing?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds promising...but we really can''t tell you too much without seeing pictures or idealscope images. With cushions it is all about how it looks to YOU. Have you seen it in person? Does it speak to you?

As for the culet, again, it is all about what YOU like. Just go take a look at the stone and see what you think. Because it is an ex/ex and due to the depth/table and measurements, I think it will probably look a lot like mine...but that is just a guess because it could have a completely different faceting pattern.

VVS2 is a bit overkill on the clarity and E is a bit overkill on the color too. So you might be able to get something a bit bigger for your money if you dropped to say a G VS2(a sweet spot for many people). But that is all about personal preferences...

BABYPUFFIN

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I''m going to look at the stone this week hopefully and will get a better idea of it. I don''t think I would get that bothered by the culet but I am a little confused about it. One thread I read a poster said their diamond had a culet but that it wasn''t an open culet, I always thought that a a culet was a opening so to speak.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The culet is the very lowest tip of the diamond. Most diamond culets are very miniscule, to the effect that it looks pointed. A stone with a large culet has the appearance of it being a flat faceted area, where the topview shows a "hole" effect.
cushion178-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results