shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD Rendering design received on BGD Cushion ring Feedback ?

hogster

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

So I have just received the CAD designs showing the rendering. The images show a little excess of 15% when casting but will be trimmed back.

I do like the design and just wondering should I have the halo diamonds slightly larger im not sure the exact size of them whivh I will find out tonite but if they are 1 points change them for 2 points which will increase the size of the halo.

Also I was thinking of having the halo diamonds a little closer together so that there is no metal shown inbetween but this may require different way the stones are set.

Hoping the band is thin and not to bulky.

Any feedback welcomed?

This is how I originally want it to look as the diamonds are close on the halo and no metal shown inbetween but looks like they are set differently?
x_1.jpg

Actual CAD images:
ring_1_13.jpg

ring_2_11.jpg

ring_3_11.jpg

ring_4_3.jpg

Help appreciated as I need to provide feedback asap.

Thanks

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: CAD Rendering design received on BGD Cushion ring Feedba

I think it looks fine, and is probably going to end up like the other one.

What is the point size of the current melee stones? Or the mm size of them. Either/Or.

hogster

Rough_Rock

Thanks for your reply Gypsy. I will need to go on chat tonite and find out the mm or point size and I will let you know. Tey are probably 1 point as i think the total weight of the ring excluding the centre stone is 0.5ct and that was for the diamonds being 3/4 around but I canged to half way round.

Alos hoping that is just an example image of the cushion as I ave bought a H&A signature cushion and the one in the images doesnt look like that?

hogster

Rough_Rock

Also what is the setting called between the original ring image 1st picture against the CAD pictures,. The diamonds are set into the ring differetly andd I prefer the 1st picture if that makes sense?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I wouldn't go any bigger for the diamonds in the halo ... halos will too big diamonds don't look refined.

I am also not sure BGD can have pave showing less metal. Have you seen their pave in real life?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CharmyPoo|1409740159|3743933 said:
I wouldn't go any bigger for the diamonds in the halo ... halos will too big diamonds don't look refined.

I am also not sure BGD can have pave showing less metal. Have you seen their pave in real life?
+1

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

CharmyPoo|1409740159|3743933 said:
I wouldn't go any bigger for the diamonds in the halo ... halos with diamonds that are too big don't look refined.

Corrected typing above.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have seen their pave in real life and it is very nice.

I also agree that I wouldn't go larger. Ask to talk to Brian if he is available about your concerns. It is best to go right to the source.

the1kayladawn

Rough_Rock

I don't think larger diamonds in the halo would look better. I think it looks gorgeous as is. Nice choice for your design =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results