carat
color
clarity

Bluenile Live Chat rep swears by this 1.12ct diamond $4,500

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Bluenile Live Chat rep swears by this 1.12ct diamond $4,

What is the return period for bn, if your deally intdrested id get it home and look.

look.also what is the upgrade policy for bn? Impodtant if you ever decide you want a larger stone

bizmord

Rough_Rock

they are pretty good on that. Just $25 fee to ship back. But in terms of the price, size, cut, etc .... good deal?

only thing is ... Fluoresence is string blue. She says it's no big deal.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bizmord|1360682258|3378255 said:
they are pretty good on that. Just $25 fee to ship back. But in terms of the price, size, cut, etc .... good deal?

Ah i wouldnt wanna pay to ship it back. Whats your budget and color your looking for?
As for flour, if she says it doesnt make the stone look milky or oily, its a good tbing. I would specifically ask them if it does though

bizmord

Rough_Rock

nielseel|1360682903|3378259 said:
bizmord|1360682258|3378255 said:

Ah i wouldnt wanna pay to ship it back. Whats your budget and color your looking for?
As for flour, if she says it doesnt make the stone look milky or oily, its a good tbing. I would specifically ask them if it does though

she said it's eye clean ....
"The gemologist didn't make any comments about it when the stone was visually inspected. They would have done so if it were, but I'm happy to ask them specifically about it. It's actually in our vault here in Seattle, so I can ask them once they get in."

so I am waiting on those comments. I am just a little worried because based on my price comparison ... this looks like a very, very good deal.

SI1, eye clean, 1.12ct, $4,500 ?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There could be problems with the fluoro because you won't see it in all lighting. But the best way to know is to order it and see. I don't trust what drop shippers say for the most part. It could be a great deal, though. I don't mind paying $25 to know for sure.

But actually, they seem to have several J SI 1's around that price, so the price doesn't look out of the ordinary.

bizmord

Rough_Rock

other concern is ... the ring .... it's 1/3ct 20 little diamonds color I, si2.
how will those look so close to the color J, strong blue???
weird? or nice?

bizmord

Rough_Rock

bump ......

sorry, just would be great to hear more feedback. Sorry if I post here a lot but today will either buy that diamond from BlueNile or go with what you guys suggest instead.

Thank you

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It has good numbers so as long as its eye-clean it could be a pretty nice stone at a decent price. The stong blue
J with I melee should be fine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is the setting from BN? I SI2 melee is not very good quality.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone - great that they have it in their vault and can inspect it! Ask if
1. fluor + wisps has any effect on brilliance, like nielseel suggested
2. it's completely clean directly face-up and at slight tilt from X inches (decide what X means to you - do you need it clean from 5"? 12" sufficient?)

Big and small stones will always look different because tiny facets play with light differently, body colour has little impact. Some of the melee they use in your setting may have fluor and some might not.

$1200 seems fine... I really think you're better off not exploring those $400-600 options - you get what you pay for, and that's a *really* low range. like DS I have a couple of questions about the "I SI2 melee" - some vendors will use higher colour/clarity as a synonym for "acceptable"/"decent"/"sparkly" and lower colour/clarity to mean "cloudy, included, not-at-all-sparkly crap", and some vendors will use higher colour/clarity vs. lower to mean just that - both types are sparkly and just fine for a ring, just literally higher and lower colour and clarity. BN is a reputable vendor which makes me believe it's the latter, but... gosh, I don't know how you'd confirm that without seeing a sample setting yourself! You can't exactly ask :bigsmile:

bizmord

Rough_Rock

Yssie|1360693397|3378381 said:
2. it's completely clean directly face-up and at slight tilt from X inches (decide what X means to you - do you need it clean from 5"? 12" sufficient?)

Big and small stones will always look different because tiny facets play with light differently, body colour has little impact. Some of the melee they use in your setting may have fluor and some might not.

$1200 seems fine... I really think you're better off not exploring those $400-600 options - you get what you pay for, and that's a *really* low range. like DS I have a couple of questions about the "I SI2 melee" - some vendors will use higher colour/clarity as a synonym for "acceptable"/"decent"/"sparkly" and lower colour/clarity to mean "cloudy, included, not-at-all-sparkly crap", and some vendors will use higher colour/clarity vs. lower to mean just that - both types are sparkly and just fine for a ring, just literally higher and lower colour and clarity. BN is a reputable vendor which makes me believe it's the latter, but... gosh, I don't know how you'd confirm that without seeing a sample setting yourself! You can't exactly ask :bigsmile:
\

here is their response about what you just said..

"We use the highest quality side stones in our settings that you can find anywhere in the industry. Our quality is on par or higher than what you will find at the most high-end retailers available. The reason for this is that we operate solely online, our jewelry has to impress over anything seen locally within 3 seconds of opening the box. We simply can't get away with low quality like jewelers who have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of lighting in their shops"

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bizmord|1360694525|3378401 said:

\

here is their response about what you just said..

"We use the highest quality side stones in our settings that you can find anywhere in the industry. Our quality is on par or higher than what you will find at the most high-end retailers available. The reason for this is that we operate solely online, our jewelry has to impress over anything seen locally within 3 seconds of opening the box. We simply can't get away with low quality like jewelers who have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of lighting in their shops"

Well then, there you go.
What about the other two questions about the centerstone?

bizmord

Rough_Rock

one thing you guys did not say anything about ............ "ETCH CHANNEL"
what does that mean???

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bizmord|1360696714|3378428 said:
what does that mean???

Looks like a surface-breaking hollow 'tunnel' through the stone - if it was laser drilled they'd have said so.

http://144.206.159.178/ft/282/31812/13904182.pdf

ETA: attached it too

Attachments

• etchchannelarticle.pdf
    712.1 KB · Views: 174

bizmord

Rough_Rock

Yssie|1360697484|3378443 said:
what does that mean???

Looks like a surface-breaking hollow 'tunnel' through the stone - if it was laser drilled they'd have said so.

ok, so what does this mean??? should I avoid buying this diamond because of that? is it visible to a naked eye?

bizmord

Rough_Rock

just got an e-mail from them.....

"Thank you for your patience while we had the stone examined by our in-house gemologists.

The stone is perfectly eye-clean from the top down and the inclusions are only very slightly visible when viewing the diamond upside down. Neither the fluorescence nor the inclusions make the stone look hazy at all. It is a very clean looking SI1."

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was specific, and this response does not address the question. I obviously don't know if you didn't ask exactly that or if they didn't answer.

It's not a large stone and it's an SI1 so honestly, I'm inclined to just take them at face value at this point, but if it was an SI2 or a larger stone my recommendation would've been different.

Why on earth do I care how visible the inclusion is when the stone is upside down?

bizmord said:
The stone is perfectly eye-clean from the top down and the inclusions are only very slightly visible when viewing the diamond upside down. Neither the fluorescence nor the inclusions make the stone look hazy at all. It is a very clean looking SI1."

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bizmord|1360701187|3378496 said:
Yssie|1360697484|3378443 said:
what does that mean???

ok, so what does this mean??? should I avoid buying this diamond because of that? is it visible to a naked eye?

Inclusions are listed in order of most to least "severe" - the first inclusion(s) are the grade-making inclusions. Since it's not at the top of the list, it's not something to worry about - more a curio than anything else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results