shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Diamond/Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dgarvey981

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First time posting here, I have just bought an engagement ring from blue nile, the details of the diamond and setting are below (I''ve also attached the AGS grading report)......please let me know what you think. Also, I''m a little nervouse about how to "justify" buying a diamond online to her and my friends....any suggestions? I mean, to me, since a diamond is strictly graded and you get a grading report etc, why would I want to pay thousands more at the mall? That''s the main reason I bought online, not to mention the HUGE selection. Please let me know what you think of the diamond and also how to explain to people why I would buy online. Thanks!! Diamond Details:

Cut: Blue Nile Signature Ideal (AGS graded Ideal)
Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat: 1.08
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Polish: Ideal
Symetry: Ideal
Proportions: Ideal
Price: $7,041

Settin: Platinum trellis setting $950

AGS4523601_zoom1.jpg

PMR

Rough_Rock
In looking at the crown angles and pav. angles, it looks good to me. Also, the price is really good. I am currently in the market for an ideal diamond and your price is lower per carat than I was quoted for an H color SI1 stone. Hmmmm.

Also, I have no problem buying a diamond over the internet. I feel it gives you more time to learn about diamonds and not be pressured into making a decision not to mention your saving $$$! Good luck!
wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It sounds a bit pricey. You can search by Known Holloway Cut Adviser Score here:

https://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp

I entered 1-1.1 carat and H color. I got 12 diamonds. The most expensive one, a Hearts and Arrows diamond, also VS1 clarity, was Price Scope priced at $6300.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/18/2004 5:13:02 PM dgarvey981 wrote:

Hi all,

Also, I'm a little nervouse about how to 'justify' buying a diamond online to her and my friends....any suggestions? ......... Please let me know what you think of the diamond and also how to explain to people why I would buy online.

----------------

You don't have to explain or justify anything to anyone. Frankly, it's none of their business (except for your girlfriend).

daisyb33

Rough_Rock
When we were talking about getting engaged, I encouraged my fiance to look online and to look at Blue Nile. You could probably find the same ring for less from other sites, but BN has the 30-day return policy and I like that they stand behind their product that way. My ring is blue nile and I love it, but I didn't really care where it was from. It is a symbol of our love for each other and our commitment. I think too many people get away from that.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Well put daisyb33

It does not matter where you bought the diamond as long as it was represented right and was a fair deal.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm.....How about: better quality stones, better selection of quality stones, more knowledgable vendors (than typical maul salespeople), better pricing, no sales tax, etc.....

But I do agree that it shouldn't require explaination. Who cares where the stone/ring came from? What matters is what is stands for and that the two of you love it.

dgarvey981

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help everyone!!! In the back off my mind, I thought the exact things that were said, I just wanted confirmation! We're going to Maui tomorrow, and I'm proposing then!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Congrats and post some pictures of the ring when she gets it!! YAY!
appl.gif

Congrats!!
appl.gif
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! As PQ noted, you may have overpaid slightly for the stone...but if it looks great and makes you happy...lovely.
1.gif
The angles and numbers look quite nice as well, so it should be a stunning sparkler.

One other note on Blue Nile having 30 day policy and 'standing behind their products'. Many other reputable online vendors do the same thing and have that same return policy or one that is very similar. What would sway me towards one company vs another? Most likely selection, pricing and quality of their stones in terms of the cut requirements I'd be looking for. Of course also knowing that yes they have a great reputation. There are alot of online companies, BN included, that have great product and fit all those requirements for purchase IMO.
1.gif

Please post pictures of your ring!
1.gif

daisyb33

Rough_Rock
I agree with that. There are lots of great online shops. I wasn't trying to slight any of them. I am not diamond shopping savy, actually I didn't have much to do with buying mine, and heard good things about blue nile.
loopy.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
viva la i-net shopping!
if you know you're stuff (thanks to pricescope), you can find an excellent stone at a killer price.
i've got tiffany & saks discounts & still preferred to shop on-line
1.gif

dgarvey981

Rough_Rock
Hey guys....she said yes in Maui!!!!! Soooooo excited!!! Anyway, here's a picture of the ring!! Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Darren

vansring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, the ring looks lovely!
1.gif
Maui, how fun!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Many Congrats on the engagement and the beautiful ring!!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results