shape
carat
color
clarity

bezel set studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
any thoughts on .75 each stone bezel set studs? i am considering getting some new studs in that size and have never seen that size in bezel set. any one have a pair? what are your thoughts on this type setting. i thought i would go martini but am re-thinking that. whattcha think?
33.gif
33.gif

a search revealed jo considering .75''s bezel set but no answer as to whether she did. tia.
1.gif
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bezels make the diamond look a little larger. They tend to be smooth and don''t catch on knit collars or on someone else''s skin who get close. Keep the backs open so you can keep the diamonds clean. There is little to no downside with bezel set stones although on larger diamonds, even your .75 size ones, there is enough diamond for many people to not want to make them look larger yet.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown, I think they would look great. A friend of mine has larger sized diamonds in a bezel setting; I love them and find myself starring.
luv12.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the Peretti bezel studs at Tiffany in larger sizes and I LOVED them. They look awesome. I would definitely do a dainty bezel, though. I would highly recommend getting WF''s handmade bezel setting. It''s amazing-I have .6 ctw earrings in that setting and I love them! I just like the look of bezel set earrings-they''re so sleek and modern.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 2:11:35 PM
Author: thing2of2
I saw the Peretti bezel studs at Tiffany in larger sizes and I LOVED them. They look awesome. I would definitely do a dainty bezel, though. I would highly recommend getting WF''s handmade bezel setting. It''s amazing-I have .6 ctw earrings in that setting and I love them! I just like the look of bezel set earrings-they''re so sleek and modern.
You can''t just SAY what you have...per Pricescope policy you MUST post pictures!
2.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, .75s would look fabulous, but I''d recommend trying a pair on (for example, at Tiffany''s) just to make sure they fit your ears properly and that you like the size. With bezels, .75 stones are going to look HUGE!

Also, I agree about the dainty bezels. I have a dainty bezel pendant and it looks elegant with that style!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have .4''s in bezels, and shockingly, I have had no shrinkage syndrome on these yet. They just feel really big to me, so definitely check if .75 in bezels would be to your liking. While I was in Australia, I checked out some jewelry shops and they had bezel sets. I thought some of the earrings looked pretty big, only to realize mine were bigger...eek!

Oh, and earrings get grubby FAST, so I find the easy back cleaning access is very helpful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of .75 each, but I would not want them bezeled. I really love bezels on smaller stones, though, and may get a smaller pair for daily wear (like .3 to .5 each)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have bezels around the stud part of a large diamond dangle earring; and I find the stud part always looks "dark/dirty". Had I known they''d look that way set, I''d have opted for a claw type setting. (the stone are app. .25 points each)

cheers--Sharon

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
tg,thanks for the cleaning tip. i appreciate your help.
1.gif
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 5:15:39 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I have a pair of .75 each, but I would not want them bezeled. I really love bezels on smaller stones, though, and may get a smaller pair for daily wear (like .3 to .5 each)

thanks for offering this view. i do have the same thought about it looking great on stones under .50 and am looking for all points of view. i appreciate your help.
1.gif
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 5:31:55 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I have bezels around the stud part of a large diamond dangle earring; and I find the stud part always looks ''dark/dirty''. Had I known they''d look that way set, I''d have opted for a claw type setting. (the stone are app. .25 points each)

cheers--Sharon

thanks for the information. are yours martini like on the back or more enclosed? i appreciate the reply.
1.gif
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2008 5:46:02 PM
Author: crown1

HI:

I have bezels around the stud part of a large diamond dangle earring; and I find the stud part always looks ''dark/dirty''. Had I known they''d look that way set, I''d have opted for a claw type setting. (the stone are app. .25 points each)
cheers--Sharon
thanks for the information. are yours martini like on the back or more enclosed? i appreciate the reply.
1.gif
1.gif
HI:

Because they are designed to hold a dangle--there is a bar across the back; hence they are more enclosed.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 6:00:58 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon

1.gif
1.gif
HI:

Because they are designed to hold a dangle--there is a bar across the back; hence they are more enclosed.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon
Date: 1/2/2008 6:00:58 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon

1.gif
1.gif
HI:

1.gif

cheers--Sharon

many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results