shape
carat
color
clarity

Between 2 Princesses

BBfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everybody at Pricescope for your invaluable information on here for a diamond and jewelry newbie. I've learned a lot thanks to you guys/gals and have avoided getting taken advantage of when meeting with some local jewelers. I'm looking to propose next month (kind of rushed but decided to do it while we are in the Caribbean for a getaway).

I've found a couple of Princess cut stones that seem to fit what I'm looking for...AGS Ideal, 1.2-1.5c, VS1-VS2 and H or I color. Budget for stone is 6-7k. At this point I don't know how much of a difference there is between these too, I will admit I'm not an expert at reading IS and ASET images. The first one does have the more "ideal" dimensions with depth and table %.

#1 - http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2977136.htm

Item Code AGS-104065859001
Category A CUT ABOVE®
Shape Princess
Carat 1.236
Color H
Clarity VS1
Cut Ideal
Depth % 74.6
Table % 62.4
Crown Angle 34.2
Star 0.0
Pavilion Angle 40.5
Crown % 11.6
Lower Girdle % 0.0
Measurements 5.87x5.87x4.38
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Thin to Medium

#2 - http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-3025636.htm

ond Information
Item Code AGS-104067983009
Category A CUT ABOVE®
Shape Princess
Carat 1.397
Color I
Clarity VS2
Cut Ideal
Depth % 76.7
Table % 70.2
Crown Angle 44.5
Star 0.0
Pavilion Angle 40.3
Crown % 13.7
Lower Girdle % 0.0
Measurements 6.08x5.98x4.59
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
Girdle Thin to Medium

I'd really try to get towards the 6mmX6mm size but really if the slightly smaller one will look significantly better then I'll go with that. Any advice/input or opinions you have would be appreciated. Thank you!

-BBfan

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd take the H. I own an ACA princess that's I color, and I used to counsel people that I color was a great bargain. Well, after years of looking at diamonds, my color sensitivity has become much finer than when I started out, and now I wish I would have gone for a whiter stone. Since the cut is equivalent and both are more than eye-clean, then next thing I would do is go for the best color you can afford.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results