shape
carat
color
clarity

best way to clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candide

Rough_Rock
Hi-

Any thoughts on what the best way to clean diamonds and platinum are at home? I could spend to by a device if needed as well.

Thanks

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I bought the ultra sonic from Sharpe Image, and I use it almost daily. My stone is platinum and diamond. You put a little ammonia mixed with water, and I think it does a great job. Nothing like when you get it steam cleaned at the jewelers though!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I like soaking it in 50/50 ammonia and warm water and then brushing with a soft toothbrush. Others here use windex (which is probably ammonia based) and some have recommend using baby toothbrushes. My guess is you can't replicate the professional steam cleaning, but you can keep it looking really good by soaking it at night and brushing it off each morning before putting it on. Someone recommended drying with a hair dryer recently, which I found works great, but the platinum gets really hot!

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
What do pro's use to steam clean? I have an espresso machine that can steam milk...the steam is pretty strong and VERY hot. Will that work? How about this: Steam shark?
twirl.gif

-spencer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results