shape
carat
color
clarity

Australian lab report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dilbert

Rough_Rock
A mate of mine recently purchased a diamond in Australia from a ''wholesaler'' . It was stated as an E VVS2 but with an Australian lab certificate (I don''t know which one)

Can it be trusted to be an E VVS2 by GIA standards?

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dilbert
If the lab was DCLA (Diamond Certification Laboratory of Australia) then yes, We have found their grading consisted with GIA.
They grade using IDC( International Diamond Council) rules as does HRD
They are also the only Lab endorsed by the Jewellers Association of Australia
Johan

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In fairness there is another lab in Sydney, the only one which is endorsed by the Gemmological Association of Australia, call Gem Studies Laboratory.

Both are reputable labs, and in my experiance they are more consistent than GIA and they do not round their proportion data.

BTW - when a wholesalers sells retail they become a retailer.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 7:33:35 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
In fairness there is another lab in Sydney, the only one which is endorsed by the Gemmological Association of Australia, call Gem Studies Laboratory.

Both are reputable labs, and in my experiance they are more consistent than GIA and they do not round their proportion data.

BTW - when a wholesalers sells retail they become a retailer.
Sorry Dilbert
Gary is correct,forgot about that one. Gem Studies does have an excellent reputation
Johan

Dilbert

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 7:57:27 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 4/11/2006 7:54:20 AM
Author: Dilbert
Thanks guys. He paid approximately $11,500 AUS for it.
a bargain for 2 ct and a rip off for .15ct
LOL , I suppose the carat weight is important. It''s a 1.05 carat!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results