shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these Trillions ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone, I am looking for a pair of diamond trillions to set as sidestones for my ruby. My budget is pretty much non-existant hence my Ebay search.
39.gif
I know you ladies generally hate Ebay but could I get your opinion on these? Details below and link:

Shape: Triangle (PAIR OF DIAMONDS)
Carat: 0.28 Total (0.14X2)
Clarity: SI3
Colour: D
Average Table Size: 3.68x3.67mm
Total Height: 1.62mm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270327172340

My concern is not really the clarity - I''m happier with the colour being so white! BUT I am concerned they will look out of proportion with my ruby which is 0.90ct - approx 6.5mm long x 5mm wide. Will these look stupidly tiny set on either side?

I trust your opinion! Thanks for all advise.
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi HP,

You are correct, most of us dicourage Ebay. And I would have to follow suit in this case. While you say you aren''t worried so much about the clarity, do you care if they don''t sparkle at all? Because they are listed at SI3. That''s pretty included, and, you don''t know who graded these, it could be worse than that. Do you mind if they are just white blobs?

Also, the color may not be what''s listed, though even if they were way off, they still might be like a G.

You could always buy them and have a look, but if it doesn''t work out, that''s just money lost, and it sounds like you have a strict budget. I don''t mean to sound harsh, or rain on your parade, but I just can''t see this as a good deal. Buying something just because it''s cheap, usually ends up being just that, a cheap product. When you''re talking diamonds, it''s best to save up and get something decent. Just my humble opinion.
28.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hi there!
I''d agree with every word that Ellen said, but if you''re comfortable with ebay, you might want to take a look at these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0-46-cttw-Matched-Pair-TRILLIANT-diamonds-G-SI-1_W0QQitemZ220311285202QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3824QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

I bought a small stone from this vendor a while back and while it wasn''t the greatest quality in the world, it was as described and it was pretty good value. It was for a low cost pendant project and I got what I paid for and wore it happily. It was fine and they were nice to deal with.

Good luck putting your ring together - I''d love to see pics when it''s done!

Jen

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It''s important to remember that eBay does not sell even one diamond- it''s a group of literally millions of sellers.
The first link- the one in HotPozzum''s post- to me shows the very worst of eBay. They are using stock photos with no mention of that fact.
But the worst is the .99 price.
Anytime a dealer is starting a listing for a valuable item for $1 there''s something nefarious about it.
It''s misleading purposfully as they are not going to actually ship the item for less than it''s worth- they have a plan to "protect" the item- so the prices can''t be known.
Remember, you get what you pay for.

The link that Jen posted is totally different.
There seems to be an actual photo- and there is a real price.

You should be able to find a nice pair of trilliants in a quarter carat total weight size for $500 or less.
Make sure you can look at actual photos to see that the look and shape suit you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results