shape
carat
color
clarity

Are french cuts primarily for diamonds?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I have found a band ring with gemstones that are french cut. Is that a rare thing? I have only seen french cut in diamonds, but not other gems? :confused: :wavey:

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
not at all: you can find french cut onyx (usually) in deco pieces and in sapphires, rubies and emeralds. the labor to cut french cuts is high so now they are mostly high end and custom pieces--but most typically found in estate pieces

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
When I was looking for an antique sapphire eternity band I ran into many french-cut bands. I love french cuts, so I ended up purchasing a french-cut sapphire band that was made in the '20s.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1293825548|2811081 said:
When I was looking for an antique sapphire eternity band I ran into many french-cut bands. I love french cuts, so I ended up purchasing a french-cut sapphire band that was made in the '20s.

NewEnglandLady...do you have pictures? I would love to see it. :love:
the band that I found has french cut rubies. (my anniversary is in July, hence the ruby)...and it is an estate piece. I think I should GRAB it....

EDIT: NewEnglandLady...just found your thread with the sapphire eternity....Beautiful!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My estate ruby band I just bought has french cut stones too. They're so pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results