shape
carat
color
clarity

appraisal alternative

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I have this little diamond ring. I think it''s maybe about .40 carats - maybe.
it''s a marquis and I got it dirt cheap from someone I know who needed it gone.

now, I''d like to know what it''s about - what the color/clarity are, what the value is, etc. thing is, i don''t want to end up spending like $100 to appraise a ring that didn''t cost much more than that.

is there an alternative anyone can suggest? I did take it to a local jeweler who verified it''s a real diamond, so that''s a start, and I did ask the jeweler I am buying my new ring from if he could offer anything for it, but he suggested that I keep the diamond and reset it as a pendent or an earring or something, because he couldn''t offer enough for it to make it worthwhile.

I''m thinking of having it reset into a simple solitaire in white gold (it''s in yellow gold now) to wear with my wring and the new funky eternity ring i have en route - both of those are sterling silver, so the white gold should work..but i''m not sure it''s even worth that investment!

so, any suggestions?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 3:33:48 PM
Author:f0rbidden
I have this little diamond ring. I think it''s maybe about .40 carats - maybe.
it''s a marquis and I got it dirt cheap from someone I know who needed it gone.

now, I''d like to know what it''s about - what the color/clarity are, what the value is, etc. thing is, i don''t want to end up spending like $100 to appraise a ring that didn''t cost much more than that.

is there an alternative anyone can suggest? I did take it to a local jeweler who verified it''s a real diamond, so that''s a start, and I did ask the jeweler I am buying my new ring from if he could offer anything for it, but he suggested that I keep the diamond and reset it as a pendent or an earring or something, because he couldn''t offer enough for it to make it worthwhile.

I''m thinking of having it reset into a simple solitaire in white gold (it''s in yellow gold now) to wear with my wring and the new funky eternity ring i have en route - both of those are sterling silver, so the white gold should work..but i''m not sure it''s even worth that investment!

so, any suggestions?
your jewler was right on. i wouldn''t worry about the ''specs'' too much.
if you just want to change the color, have it plated in wg.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
well, the ring doesn''t really fit very well
2.gif

and i thought maybe, just maybe, my hubby might consider resetting it into something that isn''t so thin. it''s in a VERY thin band, thin enough that it is actually uncomfortable.

then, on the flip side, of course, maybe i should sell it.

i have no idea what to do with this ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results