shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else here having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Every since we got the New board a couple days ago I can''t put any smileys in my responses. When I click on one the page reloads and my response is erased and I have to type it all over again.
Anyone else having this problem? I have a Mac OS X if that helps anyone.
Thanks - I miss my smileys. (picture a frown here and then a big smiley too).

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1.gif
2.gif
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif
6.gif
sad.gif
8.gif
21.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
12.gif
13.gif
14.gif
15.gif
16.gif
nono.gif
cry.gif
sick.gif
wacko.gif

appl.gif

wavey.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Testing from a power mac with 0s X .02 installed...(my Toshiba lap top does smilies just fine)

wavey.gif
saint.gif
love.gif

win

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I think it's my browser - Safari. It's super fast, but has weird quirks I can't figure out. I'll open it on IE and see if I can do it from there.

Smooth

Rough_Rock
New Yorker, I am getting the same thing. I am using the Mozilla Firebird browser on a PC. It's kind of annoying... I hope smileys aren't an IE-only feature now!

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Hi Smooth,
That would be strange wouldn't it? I mean, it worked before the new forum. I'm giong to reboot tonight and see if that helps. I never use IE anymore because it's so much slower than Safari.
sick.gif

(as you can tell I am in IE now
wacko.gif
)

Smooth

Rough_Rock
Tanya, it used to work for me as well. I don't use IE much anymore because Firebird is faster for me and it has a number of other handy features such as popup and ad blocking. I can still put in smileys by typing them (
1.gif
) but I wish it would work correctly.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, just did it, but can you type in the others too, like the big smile or half smile, etc...?

Smooth

Rough_Rock
Yes, they all have a code you can use. You can see it when you use IE and click a smiley - it inserts code into your post which comes out as a smiley.

For instance, to get
wavey.gif
you would type [ :wavey: ] in your post (without spaces).

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I guess I'll have to memorize some - as if I need to use more of my brain matter for more useless info....
wavey.gif
just testing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results