shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique vs. Modern

samoma

Rough_Rock
Hi! This is the first time that I'm posting on PriceScope. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, but I hope so. After 10 years, my boyfriend and I have started to look at rings. When I look through the pictures on this website, the antique stones catch my eye. However, I have never seen an antique stone in person; I'd like to make sure I love the look of an antique stone in person as much as I do online. I live in Chicago and am planning a trip to New York soon. Does anyone know somewhere that I can go in either Chicago or New York where I can see these antique stones in person? Thanks in advance =)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In NY you can go to Perry Chen, Engagement Rings Direct, and take the train to Good Old Gold.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Old World Diamonds is also in NYC - in the 47th St diamond district. (Hopefully on my tourist list when we go in the fall!)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm so jealous! I considered an antique cut as well, but wasn't able to find any locally to view, and felt the same as you do about wanting to be able to see some first hand. I adore how all the gorgeous old cut stones that PSers have. :love: I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Welcome to PS and congrats to you and your bf! :appl:

samoma

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for the responses. I can't wait to see a beautiful antique stone :love:

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are you looking for an antique diamond, or an antique style diamond? Different vendors for each, depending on what you're looking for. True antique (old) stones versus newly cut stones in the antique style. PS'ers here will point you in the right direction (and of course, you may like to see both types of stones!) Good luck with your search!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Highly recommend OWD in NYC for seeing old cuts in person! DZ also has a good selection in Chicago.

Good luck!

samoma

Rough_Rock
Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Erica. I didn't even think about asking about antique or antique style. I would prefer to see both, if possible. That way I would have a better comparison as to what I like most. We're still at the very beginning of our engagement ring search, so I'm sure I'll be asking more questions throughout our process. Everyone on PriceScope is such a wealth of knowledge; I'm lucky to have stumbled upon this site. Thank you again in advance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results