shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Stone with Modern Setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I''m new to the board. Everyone here seems so helpful, so I thought I might get your opinion on something. I''m considering setting an OEC into a more modern setting, but I can''t decide if it might look too odd and inconsistant. What do you guys think? Is it just too weird to put an antique stone into a setting with modern lines? My problem seems to be that I prefer antique stones but also prefer settings with cleaner lines. Thanks in advance for your opinions!
1.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/27/2006 1:32:56 AM
Author:FacetFire
Hi all, I''m new to the board. Everyone here seems so helpful, so I thought I might get your opinion on something. I''m considering setting an OEC into a more modern setting, but I can''t decide if it might look too odd and inconsistant. What do you guys think? Is it just too weird to put an antique stone into a setting with modern lines? My problem seems to be that I prefer antique stones but also prefer settings with cleaner lines. Thanks in advance for your opinions!
1.gif
In my opinion..., YES, you can use a OEC with any setting..., (its a matter of taste!!!)

There are plenty of "clean lines" in antique settings..., you just have to look...

good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results