shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique-ish Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kiana

Rough_Rock
This is just me dreaming, but hopefully as an LIW, my man will ask my input before picking out a ring...

I''ve fallen in love with this styling for a wedding band. I''d like to find a setting for an e-ring that would be similar -- or at least wouldn''t clash horribly with such a band.

http://www.circa1930s.com/c30shop/wband6/lwb300/lwb300.htm

I don''t want any side-stones in an e-ring, nor any extra diamonds in a wedding band. I think the detail work on these reproduction wedding bands is absolutely gorgeous, but I haven''t yet found an e-ring setting that has similar designs on the shoulders or on the rest of the band. I''m afraid even a simple Tiffany-style setting would look weird next to one of these engraved bands.

Any suggestions for me to put in my bookmarks should he decide to peek to find out what I''d like? *grin*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
OOooh Kiana I can see why you like that band so much, it is very pretty!! If you decide to get a smaller stone, you may be able to have a jeweler put prongs on a second band and turn it into an ering if you like the idea of having a matching set. I don''t know how to subtly get my df to look at my bookmarks, but he does see my desktop background. Maybe you could make a picture collage of that band and include web address as a caption and set it as your background?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
A collage like this:

KiBandColcomp.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 12:08:57 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
OOooh Kiana I can see why you like that band so much, it is very pretty!! If you decide to get a smaller stone, you may be able to have a jeweler put prongs on a second band and turn it into an ering if you like the idea of having a matching set. I don''t know how to subtly get my df to look at my bookmarks, but he does see my desktop background. Maybe you could make a picture collage of that band and include web address as a caption and set it as your background?

LOL. You are not subtle AT ALL with the hints huh?
3.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I''m not really a subtle person IRL anyway...hehe
9.gif
. But I do tend to do the whole desktop background collage thing for myself when I am considering buying something but need to think it over a bit.

kiana

Rough_Rock
*grin* It''s a possibility. I think, tho, that he knows me well enough he''ll ask me about what I''d like... I hope... I have only a few pieces of jewelery and I am INCREDIBLY picky. I wouldn''t turn down anything he gave me, tho! Fortunately, I have a feeling if he decides to surprise me it will be a very, very simple setting. Most of the stuff I have is very simple-looking, if it''s not antique. (I should take pics of my favorite ring, I just had to have it repaired as a prong broke... it''s one my grandmother gave me, a star sapphire set in white gold. The other ring she gave me is a rather large onyx with a diamond in the center, but it''s waaaay too much for my teensy tinsy hands.)

I like the idea of seeing if they could mount a head into one of the bands -- that would really be the best of all worlds. I know I''m a rarity in not wanting the eternity band or pave settings, but I have tiny hands and I know we can''t afford a large stone. I want the center stone to look as big as possible, so a minimal setting will be best. :)

Speaking of stones... I know they''re way out of our budget, but I am seriously in love with those square H&As on GoG. Sooo pretty!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you on the not wanting eternity band or pave settings. Here is my reset. Further down on the first page you can see my first ering setting. I really liked it, but it wasn''t made very well and I wanted a setting that didn''t have a any pave. I think a set like the ring you posted could be the perfect remedy to make a stone look larger without overwhelming small fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results