shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahhh, my anxieties have been relieved...got my appraisal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone, my fears and anxieties have finally been quelled!!! I just got back from the jewelry judge, Geoffrey Nelson

He operates out of a home office in Alhambra, but lives in Ontario(I know, what a drive!) He was referred to me by my roommate''s brother, who also had his stone appraised there last year. It was my first huge purchase over the net and I just come from a really paranoid family background(we''ve been screwed in the past) and I just needed some piece of mind. To be honest, I was a little nervous at first because he forgot about our appt and had to meet me there. But in his defense, I showed up early to the office, PLUS he is currently engaged and was running around taking care of errands for his own wedding. But once he got into the appraisal, it was all smooth sailing. But now, I can rest easy...errr...easier!!!

Anyway, I was very happy with the appraisal, Geoffrey did an amazing job. He talked me through the entire process. And here was his appraisal:

Proportions: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.80 (he doesn''t go to a third digit)
Color: G (he actually said low G or possibly an H)
Clarity: VS-2 (he said that AGS is pretty strict on their clarity grades,
so it could possibly be an SI1)
Depth: 62.1
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown %: 16.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 43.0
Girdle: Medium - Slightly Thick, Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.98-5.96x3.70

Value: $5,200.00

the actual stone dimensions, per AGS report were as follows:

Price: $3,510.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.807
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.7
Table: 56.2
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.4
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.94-5.98X3.68

I was amazed when I was watching him do the appraisal, cuz I remembered the AGS report numbers in my head already, and it just seemed like he was almost exactly on the dot. The only one was the girdle, he said medium to slighly thick-facted, but the AGS report says, thin to Medium Faceted...is that a big difference?

Since I did not have the stone set yet, he said I could just bring it back in to do the appraisal for the entire ring, which was really cool.

I definitely will continue business w/ him and recommend him for anyone who wants a local independent appraisal done in Southern Cali(I''m not knocking on David Atlas, of course!!!).

Long story short, my faith in online vendors has been secured!!!

Onto the setting!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
lil-jay,

sounds like you found a winner! Congrats.

Where are the pics?
31.gif

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
He he he, I forgot my camera at work. It''s still just the loose stone, so I''ll probably take a few pics of the stone and then definitely more when I have it set.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Lil Jay!!!
36.gif
I hope you stick around after the ring is completed - PS wouldn't be the same without you now!

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Oh that''s excellent! You have a great diamond there! Glad to hear success stories with online vendors. Look forward to seeing the ring!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad everything checked out with a raving review. congrats on your new stone..can''t wait to see it set.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, I can''t wait to have the completed ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results