shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on a diamond -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sgruning

Rough_Rock
I looked at a 1.01K today.
Color E
SI1
Table 58.5
Depth 59.6
So far I have it down to $5,600 - is this a good deal? Any other questions I should ask?

Are mall diamonds worth looking at?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! You''ll find that there are a lot of other numbers to look at besides these if you hand out here long enough! Cut is very important to the overall beauty of the diamond. This site has a wealth of information and the Good Old Gold site has a nice tutorial on the 4 C''s with great pictures. Read a little more and you''ll understand more about the numbers we''d also need to see such as the crown angle and pavilion angle.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/

sgruning

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I will check it out. Do you by chance know what the mark up is at a mall jewelry store?

*Sparklelover*

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a 1.13 ct and did quite a bit of research. You are looking at the very least $1000. mark up. I would say it''s more like $1,500 because you will need to pay tax. It was also quite difficult to find a triple 0 with a higher color grade. They tend to have the great cuts with an H color. If you can afford to buy online, then I wouldn''t hesitate to do so and don''t forget that the cut really does make all the difference. I can''t tell you how many people notice my diamond. It sparkles like crazy and it looks so white even though it is only a G. Good luck!

sgruning

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I am asking about the cut now and also going to use the link http://facetware.gia.edu/ to enter in the info. I did enter the other info into pricescope and I am seeing anywhere between 8K - 5k. But need to know more on the cut!!!

Thank you for your feedback!!

sgruning

Rough_Rock
Do you know how your cut was graded with the GIA cut grade scale?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIA stones graded in 2006 have a report with cut grade.

AGS 0 indicates ideal light performance, ideal proportions, and ideal finish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results