shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice - Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

schwiggy

Rough_Rock
Like many others that have posted, PS and the forums particularly have given a wealth of information - Thanks! Also like some others I am looking to propose around Christmas if everything works out, the stars align, a diamond arrives..etc.

I''m looking for a round cut solitaire in a white gold setting and have about 5k to work with. Maybe I''m to the point of information overload, but across many online vendors I basically see diamonds in the my price range with a carat of .75 to .85 range with VS1, E-F. I''m putting the specifics in HCA, and sticking to GIA/AGS certified. Is there something that would distinguish one diamond from another in a list of similar specs in hopes of finding "the one" out of a bunch?

I found the following on WhiteFlash - any opinions? or maybe suggestions of something similar?

Diamond:
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-2231012.htm

Setting:
http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=JD0102&size=6.00

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The setting is very nice and simple. It will really showcase the diamond very well. Have you contacted WF or have you just been using their website only? I would email them and tell them your budget. i think their speciailist could really put something together for you. If you are uncomfortable picking out diamonds etc because there is so much information on them you could always just rely on their expertise. Also for you to have this ring by x-mas is pushing it...i would contact them asap!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
With vendors like WF you can call, but it is pretty easy to just select their ACA branded cuts. They are all lovely.

The diamond you chose is great and would be lovely. I do not love that setting though, it is a little thick? I like this one better, maybe because I own it
2.gif
It has a thinner shank and makes the diamond look huge on the hand.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-Legato--Sleek-Line-Diamond-Solitaire_1118.htm

May I ask why you are particularly interested in VS1 and E-F color? I only ask because sometimes newbies choose these specs without knowing that VS2 and G-H color is *very* white and eye clean and also less money (read bigger diamond for your bucks) than the colorless grade diamonds. But if you like that grade, then more power to you!

Whiteflash doesn't have anything larger in a G color, but Brian Gavin Diamonds does have this one that would be awesome and a little bigger (subtract 2% bankwire discount):

AGS-1040375560001 Brian Gavin H&A 0.901 G SI1 57.2 61.9 $4,648.00 ETA I take this one back, it is more money and lower color and clarity so not worth buying over the WF one.

Or if you want F color:

AGS-1040363310029 Brian Gavin H&A 0.834 F VS2 56.7 61.5 $4,195.00

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results