shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on ring for 10 year anniversary/20 year together.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Brand new to PS and I am really happy I stumbled upon it though now it opened Pandora's box...
I am in the market for our ten year anniversary (marriage) and 20 (together) gift for me (he already had gotten his dream car so I set for life about amazing gifts and small ones too; for real).
The perfect part I can pick whatever I want and budget is not set (but I am not going to spent a crazy amount either).
I'd like to be between 5k and 20k max (I gues I could stretch more).
I want something that I will wear everyday. Ring preferably(possibly a pendant).
I'd like a commemorative set 10years+2 of us+3 Kids stones total 15 could add 20 for the 20 years but it starts to be busy...
My Ering is very dear to me(us) the center stone came from his great aunt.
0.74 old mine cut (I thought it was OEC for the longest time but now I believe it is OMC) kinda cushion shaped 6mmx5mm my guestimate, it is probably K/L in color if not more and VS2.
It is set in a 3 stones setting with .25 side diamonds and will stay there forever ( I cannot even think of changing the Ering for me it is just the craziest thing to do but I do understand people who do or upgrade).
So, I need advice on what to get.
I love rose cut diamond, OMC and OEC too. Living with mine for 10 years I tend to find RB quite cold for me (my OMC has a very warm feeling to it to me, don't know how to explain it and lots of fire).
I was thinking of a R hand ring halo/flower style.
I fell in love with Derbygal ring
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/20th-anniversary-rose-cut-lots-of-pics.180671/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/20th-anniversary-rose-cut-lots-of-pics.180671/[/URL]
As you can see she ended up returning her original ring. ;(
Anyone with advice on this?
I am a ring size 7.
Thank you in advance.

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I'm not an expert at all - but did just have my 20th anniversary - Many congratulations! For the kids you can do the surprise stones on the inside with their birthstones. Do you want to do a whole ering/wedding band ensemble or does this go on your right hand? You could checkout the beauties on Jbeg and have surprise stones put in. They have got some beautiful antique rings there!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And you could send that back to Victor and have him put the kids' surprise stones inside the shank. Here is a pic of mine:

img_5620.jpg

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett1|1381089350|3533242 said:
soxfan|1381087456|3533228 said:
OMG!! Someone on here has the most amazing ring on the preloved forum for an incredible price!!

Here it is. I'd KILL for it as a right hand ring. It's stunning.

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Modern-and-Estate-Pieces/153ct-Light-Yellow-Diamond/23766473_sJGvT3#!i=1925146479&k=JZwDFCN
+1 I think this ring is incredible, has been on my dream list since I've seen it. Gorgeous

I actually play the lottery every couple of weeks and if I win, I'm buying it. :love: :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh i love the rose cuts of this ring. While a flower ring is not my personal style I love the idea of doing one with a lower color OEC/ OMC with rose cuts petals. I think that would be perfection.

Have you checked JbEG to see if any of their antique diamonds fit the bill? Old World diamonds might be another resource. There are also a few old cuts on DB/LT. This thread reminds me that I actually have to go list some if I ever find my camera cord again.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Oh, yes it's been on my wish list too.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Oh, snap...
Soxfan you are maing me reconsider my "mm so so like" of halo.
Your ring is simply gorgeous and the flushness of the setting just got me.
I never was a fan of halo because of the space between the main stone and the halo. And yours is just seamless.
Now I am why did I start to ask and look on this site...
Again, oh snap.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie|1381334016|3534757 said:
Oh, snap...
Soxfan you are maing me reconsider my "mm so so like" of halo.
Your ring is simply gorgeous and the flushness of the setting just got me.
I never was a fan of halo because of the space between the main stone and the halo. And yours is just seamless.
Now I am why did I start to ask and look on this site...
Again, oh snap.

Thanks! I LOVE my ring. I'm glad I went halo! I started another thread on champagne diamonds. What about a HUGE one with a rose gold halo? That would be in your budget...

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
I think it's only the AVR but I'll ask.
Darn it if he won't...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie, I like the OEC RB much better, it's cheaper too, but it's smaller, but then cushions don't do much for me, but but I love emeralds.. so go figure... someday if I ever can win the lottery I would have my 1.66 RB stone made into a setting by Victor Canera.. his rings are just amazing .... congratulations on your anniversary.. I just had 26 yrs with my husband and he bought me a 5CT tennis bracelet, it's very pretty.. I wanted a diamond bangle.. but I tried them on and the tennis bracelet and even though one thinks ONE way.. the other proves the winner!!! congratulations on your life and family
! it sounds wonderful..

:wavey: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results