shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA Princess vs. ACA Round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! I was wondering if anyone out there has seen an ACA Princess next to an ACA Round or better yet, has pictures of an ACA Princess next to an ACA Round. How do they compare?

Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
A round is always a better choice optically if that is what you are wondering...a princess also faces up quite a bit smaller, but often is a bit cheaper too, so those things have to be weighed as well.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 1:57:13 PM
Author: neatfreak
A round is always a better choice optically if that is what you are wondering...a princess also faces up quite a bit smaller, but often is a bit cheaper too, so those things have to be weighed as well.
Thanks neatfreak! I love the shape of my princess cut, but I love the sparkle of a round. I was just wondering how the WF ACA princess stood up (sparkle-wise) next to the ACA rounds (I have a pair of ACA round studs and they sparkle so much more that my princess e-ring!)

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I just got an ACA princess this weekend. Unfrotunately it''s being mounted and I won''t get it till this coming weekend. But let me tell you that I have NEVER seens a princess sparkle like this one does. WOW!!! That''s all I can say. Puts all the princess stones I have seen before this to shame. I imagine all the ones I see from now on that aren''t ACA''s won''t hold a candle. I''m stunned.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I think Dave Atlas'' recent thread is helpful on this...

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
nclrgirl
I''m so glad I saw your post, interestingly, I have not only seen both an ACA princess and an ACA round but I have owned and worn both as my e-ring so I can advise about what you are asking.

Let me explain initially I got a 2.03 H VVS2 ACA princess from WF as the center stone in my e-ring loved it! It was much prettier than pretty much all the princesses I had seen before it sparkled like crazy and it looked big to me and I was happy.
I had it about a year and I started to wonder about the performance superiority of RBs vs.princesses and I did remember my rep at WF telling me how the optical performances of the ACA RBs were out of this world and also about the face up size difference.
I was intrigued and I called WF and started to ask more questions and ended up getting my current center stone which is a 2.04 ACA round and let me tell you I was blown away by how much more sparkle I got. Don''t get me wrong my princess sparkled plenty but this was a whole different and yes to me better sparkle a big bold sparkle that lit up the room.
I won''t go back just hopefully bigger someday
31.gif

And honestly to me the size diff face up really sold me and FI as soon as I opened the Fedex box and wore my ring with the RB instead of the princess the first thing my FI said was you were right so much more sparkly and way bigger to his eye.
He wasn''t sure when I approached him to make the change but now he is happy with what I/we did and he and I love the ring so much it''s crazy.
Search my name and you will find a small thread with pics of my e-ring with the princess center first and then a much bigger thread with pics of my e-ring with the RB center.

Also, in terms of size I went from a princess that was 6.77x6.76 to my RB which is 8.22x8.25 and believe me I noticed the size increase even though it may seem small on paper.

Hope that helps!
21.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I always wanted to have a RB for all the above mentioned reasons: sparkles like crazy, faces up bigger... I am in love with RBs on photos / pricescope. I almost ordered an RB as an upgrade to my beautiful princess, but then thought, let me just try an RB on just to make sure: went to Tiffany''s, tried on a stunning RB solitaire but it just didn''t look right on me. Thank goodness, I never made the upgrade order... Now if I ever will upgrade, I`ll just upgrade to another bigger princess.

Moral of the story - you gotta try it on!
1.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Like chiquitapet I''m in love with princess cuts. So that''s the only option for me. I have never tried rounds on, but almost all of my gemstones are square. You gotta go with what you love. The ACA princesses do sparkle though.

btrflygrl - I found pics of your RB, but couldn''t locate the princess. Can you post a link?

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 3:01:05 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
I just got an ACA princess this weekend. Unfrotunately it''s being mounted and I won''t get it till this coming weekend. But let me tell you that I have NEVER seens a princess sparkle like this one does. WOW!!! That''s all I can say. Puts all the princess stones I have seen before this to shame. I imagine all the ones I see from now on that aren''t ACA''s won''t hold a candle. I''m stunned.
Congrats on your new princess! I can''t WAIT to see pics of it!

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 3:27:56 PM
Author: btrflygrl23
nclrgirl
I''m so glad I saw your post, interestingly, I have not only seen both an ACA princess and an ACA round but I have owned and worn both as my e-ring so I can advise about what you are asking.

Let me explain initially I got a 2.03 H VVS2 ACA princess from WF as the center stone in my e-ring loved it! It was much prettier than pretty much all the princesses I had seen before it sparkled like crazy and it looked big to me and I was happy.
I had it about a year and I started to wonder about the performance superiority of RBs vs.princesses and I did remember my rep at WF telling me how the optical performances of the ACA RBs were out of this world and also about the face up size difference.
I was intrigued and I called WF and started to ask more questions and ended up getting my current center stone which is a 2.04 ACA round and let me tell you I was blown away by how much more sparkle I got. Don''t get me wrong my princess sparkled plenty but this was a whole different and yes to me better sparkle a big bold sparkle that lit up the room.
I won''t go back just hopefully bigger someday
31.gif

And honestly to me the size diff face up really sold me and FI as soon as I opened the Fedex box and wore my ring with the RB instead of the princess the first thing my FI said was you were right so much more sparkly and way bigger to his eye.
He wasn''t sure when I approached him to make the change but now he is happy with what I/we did and he and I love the ring so much it''s crazy.
Search my name and you will find a small thread with pics of my e-ring with the princess center first and then a much bigger thread with pics of my e-ring with the RB center.

Also, in terms of size I went from a princess that was 6.77x6.76 to my RB which is 8.22x8.25 and believe me I noticed the size increase even though it may seem small on paper.

Hope that helps!
21.gif
btrflygrl, thanks so much!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Have you checked out GOG princess of hearts cut or the square hearts&arrows cut......they are square shaped with the optics of a round. Just throwin some ideas out there...but seriously both ACA types are great choices, just depends on what you want and what you like.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 7:52:40 PM
Author: Mrs W
Have you checked out GOG princess of hearts cut or the square hearts&arrows cut......they are square shaped with the optics of a round. Just throwin some ideas out there...but seriously both ACA types are great choices, just depends on what you want and what you like.
Thanks Mrs W! I''ll have to check those out

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Also, the jubilee cut on GOG website, they have some new videos of it along side a ags0 princess......worth a look
31.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto - GOGs princess of hearts may just be what you are after. Arjunajane had a gorgeous one before she traded it for her current ering, do a search on her threads and you will see plenty of pics!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
nclrgirl you are more than welcom!!! I''m glad to be of any help.
Keep us posted of course.

hoof I just remembered I couldn''t post pics back when I had my princess I was photo attaching challenged and the admin was kind enough to post my pics for me let me see if I can find the link otherwise it is definitely in the engagement ring eyecandy folder I know it will take a smidge of digging but it would be last year late March/early April.

I will try to find it hand on...

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hoof here is the link https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/btrflygrl23-new-ring.59591/

I kept pretty much the same setting legato head and WF eternity shared prong setting but I changed the head when I got the RB to one with pave essentially the legato paved.

Hope I answered all your questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results