shape
carat
color
clarity

A 1 carat for 400 dollars???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No cert, no information on colour and clarity. For all we know, it could be a S stone, I3 clarity, riddled with black carbon, and cut with a fisheye. If so, then it could be reasonable (or too expensive) at $400.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s an error message when you try to view the cert ... no info on cut, clarity, or color. For all you know it could be an industrial grade uncut diamond! That''s a sample pix -- not a picture of the diamond for sale. Some sites have all kinds of techiques to take advantage of less savvy, unobservant customers. Don''t be one of those!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
I am pretty sure it is right......but it is probably an I1, I2, or 13 stone. I am almost sure you will be able to see the INCLUSIONS with your eyes. Why not call them and ask?

MWG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is likely one of their ''front room'' deals. Have you ever been to a JE store? The front room has all the advertised ''steals!'' that are....well...not very nice stones. There''s usually a whole other room in the back just for diamonds. That''s where you''ll find the more usual prices, along with stones that have reports.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey that''s not a bad deal if you are blind!
31.gif

Wait, no, even then you could probably feel the surface reaching inclusions...
38.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I had to laugh at the subject line!
9.gif

Run far away! Don't even bother.

briz

Rough_Rock
I went and checked this place out, the IL one is somewhat on my way home. They do have some beautiful certified stones but they are more in the range you would expect to pay for them. The cheap stones were kind of funny and are exactly what everyone above said. You could get a nice big warm color diamond w/ a bad cut that even I could see the inclusions for a few hundred that has been "certified" in house. It sounded like they do sell to people who want a big stone but can’t afford much.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see their ads on TV at least once a day...I have been there, once or twice, but usually just to inquire about repairs and resetting. I agree with the others...for $400, it isn''t going to be pretty.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure this is a great example of a really bad diamond. It probably looks like the charcoal I had in some of my old diamond bracelets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results