shape
carat
color
clarity

18k Ni-wg (plated) with 14k or 18k unplated???

brystersmom

Rough_Rock
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. You all seem so knowledgeable, so I'm hoping you can help me. I have recently received a new 7-stone anniversary band in 18k plated Ni-WG. It was a gift from my husband and he doesnt' know much about jewelry and that I wouldn't want it to be plated. I much prefer the look of unplated as well as there isn't any maintenence with getting it replated. It was semi-custom so it isn't returnable. I plan to get a new plain band to wear with it as a replacement set to my original wedding set. I'm looking at getting either a european comfort fit band or flat comfort fit band from eweddingbands. I would like to get an unplated band ( I understand they will do this as a custom item). My question is...will it look bad to wear the plated ring with the unplated ring? I know that the anniv band plating will eventually wear off, but I don't know how soon. Most of the metal isn't visable since the stones cover the entire top of my finger, so it's basically just the prongs. What would you all suggest...unplated plain band or get a plated band and hope that they wear at the approx same rate?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like look of unplated white gold, I'd go with the unplated band and see if the
jeweler could just buff the rhodium off the e-ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results