shape
carat
color
clarity

Which sounds best?

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
Hey guys I thought ring searching would be the hard part but it looks like the proposal is going to be hard also. So I have 3 ideas...
The first is asking her her marry me at the same exact spot I asked her to be my girlfriend (on a beach in Santa Barbara, CA).
The second is asking her ot marry me on the side of a freeway overlooking the lights of Ventura, CA late at night (so that I can reduce the amount of traffic). I was going to pretend that I would have car troubles and then get out and propose. It might sound random but this was a thought because everytime we pass that section she gets really happy and relaxes because she appreciates the view for all that it is worth. Also, she verbally mentions it with each pass. Maybe, I am looking into this too much.
The third would be at a nice hotel preferable with a fireplace and whirlpool.
I never considered the family because she is a really private person. If these 3 don't sound any good can you please suggest something. Thanks.

wedge

Rough_Rock
I like #1. Beach is nice, it allows for some advance setup, and it has meaning for the two of you.

Re: #2... even though she likes the view, I think the car situation would make a proposal awkward. (Is she still sitting in the car when you drop to one knee? Is the door open? etc.) Also, I think it could be difficult to fake car trouble... and more difficult still to arrange for someone to photograph the proposal there.

Re: #3... it may be nice, but there's no sentimental attachment there.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
The best thing you mentioned is "she's a really private person".

That helps you eliminate whether it's a public or private proposal. It's GREAT that you already have that info.

1. The beach is a nice idea and can be very romantic with ever lasting memories for both of you.
2. You mentioned she likes that lights, there might be some potential here. I don't know if on the side of the freeway would be 'romantic' or all that special for her.
3. A nice hotel would be great and you could get the Hotel staff to help you plan it.

Is this going to be a surprise?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #1. You can make it as private as you need to. Plus you can always visit that same spot. I went to UCSB- which beach are you thinking about? Maybe you could go out for a nice dinner then take a stroll on the beach?

murs3

Rough_Rock
Second one sounds dangerous. I hear stories about a car stuck in the freeway and the passengers getting struck by oncoming traffic. I know you will pull on the side of the road.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beach!!! and I recommend you set up something at your place afterward, maybe some flowers and drinks or something nice :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results