shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing to a Mom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
I am getting ready to propose to a lovely lady who happens to be the mother of a 10 year old girl. This weekend while thinking about how to go about proposing that her daughter might get a kick out it if I were to propose to my girl friend in the presence of her daughter.

Would love to hear what other think of that idea. Maybe their are others who have been through similar situations and would like to hear their toughts.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a lovely idea, but I think it would be even nicer if you got the daughter involved in the planning. That way she'll get a thrill out of helping you propose, will feel automatically included into your new family, and, if there are any lingering doubts on the part of your GF as to her daughter's reaction, would make it very clear that your daughter approves of the match.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I agree that you should include the daughter in on the planning part of it. Ask her if its okay with her that you marry her Mom and ask her if she has any great ideas on how you should propose.

You could even have the daughter involved by videotaping it for you or taking pictures of the event. That would be an excellent way for you to get it on film and she will feel very included on the whole thing. Plus it would be easy for her to say, let me take a picture/video you two...and the Mom wouldn't expect a thing.

Well, do keep us posted on what you decide to do. And...Good luck!
appl.gif

-Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results