shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal weekend ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

texirish

Rough_Rock
So now that I''ve got the diamond, and WF is working on the custom, its time to fine tune my proposal idea, so I wanted to open it up to others for thoughts.

We both went to Notre Dame, and it is where we met. Every year we go back at least once for a football game, sometimes multiple games or earlier in the year for a wedding. Every time we go back to campus, we have our Sunday morning routine. We have breakfast with our friends at a local diner, then we go walk around the bookstore for a bit, and walk around campus and make our way to the Grotto for some quite time before we leave. (http://www.archives.nd.edu/ringel/grotto.htm)

We are going to be back at ND March 12-14th for my friends wedding on Saturday the 13th. I''ll be flying into Pittsburgh on Thursday (where she lives) and we will drive together out to ND on Friday. My idea was to propose on Sunday when we go to the Grotto. Normally we would also drive back to Pittsburgh on Sunday, and then I''d fly back to Houston on the red-eye Monday morning. But with the proposal I wanted to spend more time with her after, so I''ve already taken off of work Monday, and I won''t be flying back until Tuesday, she just doesn''t know it yet! Normally we stay at a regular hotel, but my plan was to get a reservation for a nice B&B for that Sunday night after I propose, and we could have dinner at a nice place in town, and then drive back to Pittsburgh on Monday. I''ll have to arrange that with her work, which won''t be a problem, she''s got several days of vacation to use.

So any thoughts on my idea? Thanks for the help!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
and i''m really glad that you aren''t proposing before the friend''s wedding. then it would just be awkward bc she would have to sort of unofficially/officially announce your engagement at a friend''s wedding.

congrats, and can''t wait for the hand shots!

texirish

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 3:10:39 PM
Author: charbie
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

and i''m really glad that you aren''t proposing before the friend''s wedding. then it would just be awkward bc she would have to sort of unofficially/officially announce your engagement at a friend''s wedding.

congrats, and can''t wait for the hand shots!

Thanks so much! Yeah I was actually kind of worried about asking at all during that weekend because we are there for a friends wedding, and I didn''t want to take away from their special event and everything. But then at the same time, it is such a special place for us, I really wanted to ask while we there, so I was trying to balance the two together. You think asking on Sunday after the wedding on Saturday works out well?

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your idea!!! What a beautiful and special place to propose. Plus, it helps that you already have established Sunday routine-so cute, btw (and that you''re going to a friend''s wedding), so she won''t think anything is out of the ordinary!

I wouldn''t have a problem with you proposing that weekend before the wedding, but I know some people would- so I think it''s probably good that you''re waiting until Sunday. As long as you don''t get too tipsy at the wedding, a Sunday proposal is perfect!

ps-I don''t know your story, but bless your heart for proposing.. My boyfriend and I are also doing across-the-country long distance and it''s really just no fun at all. Do you have the ring yet?

texirish

Rough_Rock
Thanks babygirl!

Yeah the long distance thing is difficult, but it''s all going to work out in the long run! She has had a great job in Pittsburgh working on a project and her involvement will be wrapping up next spring, so we are shooting for a spring 11 wedding and all. No I don''t have the ring just yet, but I did buy the diamond yesterday, and Whiteflash is getting started on making the custom band as well. So that is all very exciting!

And yeah, I didn''t think about the drinking at the wedding Saturday... hmm will definitely have to be careful, hung over proposal probably wouldn''t be any good!!! But of course, that is part of the reason our friends all get together for Sunday breakfast at the diner (breakfast doesn''t necessarily mean in the AM!!!), helps soak up some of the previous night''s festivities!

texirish

Rough_Rock
Plan is still basically the same... although I do have the B&B booked for the entire stay now. She already knows about the B&B, we picked it because its within walking distance to where my friend''s wedding reception is going to be, and she thought it would be fun! So I don''t think she will be expecting anything just because of the B&B... already got her boss to give her the day off on Monday, and I''ve got reservations at a nice place for Sunday night. The B&B owner has also got us set up for chilled wine (although I might switch that to chilled Guinness!!! I think it suits Amy and I better!) in our room when we return Sunday after the proposal... here is a link to the B&B: http://www.innisfreebnb.com/ and the room we will be staying in: http://www.innisfreebnb.com/schocklehorne.html

So... what do you think? :) I''m very excited!
And for the ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-wf-aca-is-complete.138325/

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
It all sounds perfect. We PSers love a man with a wonderful plan.
The ring is stunning. Unique and I mean that in the best possible way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results