shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mcnabb4mvp

Rough_Rock
This Saturday night I made reservations for a nice restaurant downtown. It''s a Seafood place. The restaurant has private booths with curtains, you can''t reserve one of these but can request one. So If we get one of these I may ask her there.
If not, I was thinking of leaving the restaurant, taking a short walk to Michigain Ave and getting a horse carriage ride. I think though that might be too ''cheesy'' as it''s more of a touristy thing to do. We live in the city. any thoughts?

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a Chicago girl far away from home now in sunny So. Florida. I was just wondering - do you live near downtown and go there often or is this a special dinner out you''ve planned (out of the ordinary)? How''s the weather now - as I remember March, it can be sleet and cold or sunny and beautiful. As I''m so far away, one of my impressive memories is going up on the Sears tower at night and overlooking the city. Sorry, but I haven''t read any of your previous posts about your plans, but I look forward to reading more
1.gif

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm you have me guessing about the restaurant is it M&S? (Love that place)... We live in the Chicago area and often do some of the touristy things anyway - its still fun. I think your plan would be very nice.

Millennium Park is my favorite right now – I haven’t been by in a few months but it is wonderful area. I think proposing in front of the bean would be memorable – looking in to the reflection of the both of you – could yield some interesting proposal ideas. I also like the idea of proposing outside of water tower – one of the only places to survive the great Chicago fire (good omen for a marriage to endure). The weather has been mild for Chicago this winter, so walking outside has been tolerable.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
The water tower would be beautiful especially with the ring I think you chose - did you get the engraved band? Beautiful
21.gif

McNabb - is he the guy from Dolton? The house I grew up in was a block away from the house he eventually lived.

mcnabb4mvp

Rough_Rock
I''ll try to answer everything in 1 post.
Temp wise it''ll be fine on Saturday. High in the 60''s low in the 40''s. Calling for scattered showers though which worries me.
We live in the West UK Village area and don''t make it downtown too often so yeah it''ll be out of the ordinary.
She will not like if I ask her in public. I mean in front of people. So as of now it''s either at the restaurant if we get a private booth or the carriage ride. She''ll love the carriage ride, she owns and boards a horse in Libertyville, I was just worried about it being too cliche.
The restaurant is McCormick & Schmick''s. I have taken her to Catch 35 before and that was really nice, but I like the idea of the private booths this place offers. And the food is supposed to be really fresh and good.
I''m going to post some pics of the ring in the other forum later this afternoon
2.gif

I''m originally from PA, big Eagles fan hence the name. Mcnabb is from the Chicago area though, he is from Mt. Carmel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results