shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sheparay

Rough_Rock
OK...I know I am going to propose probably on this Weds.... With holidays and family and all that going on thats really the only day I have... My girl will be coming to my place (I live with my aunt and uncle at the time...sounds corny but they are cool
emteeth.gif
) and then leaving to see some family a couple hours away the very next day..... This being said, all I really have is Weds.....I want her to have the ring when she goes to see her fam. THis obviously isnt much time so I am looking for some simple yet romantic ideas. Anybody have any ideas.... It seems like everything I could come up involves going somewhere for the night, etc. and I DONT HAVE TIME!!!! I know this is open ended but I thought I would try!! Thanks

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Could you tell her that you have a special ornament for her hanging on the christmas tree and have the ring hanging on a branch by a big ribbon? Or if there is a branch strong enough place the open box on? Just make sure you put it at *her* eye-level and in the front so she sees it easily. When she finds it get down on one knee, say whatever it is you would like to say (make sure there is a will you marry me/be my wife in there). Let the only lights in the room be the lights on the tree with the addition of some candles (if you have them in there already), it really is a great light for the diamond! And so Christmasy and fun and romantic!!! Good luck!

sheparay

Rough_Rock
Wow....thats an idea!!! The only bad part is the living with family thing!! I would have to kick them out!! THanks

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
where do you live?? locals may be able to help you with romantic ideas in your city

sheparay

Rough_Rock
Farmington Hills, Michigan.... A nicer Detroit suburb.... OK here we go....let the Detroit jokes begin!!!!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
You could probably arrange for some time alone if you ask for it from someone in the house who can help get everyone out (like mom or dad). You can probably more easily do it somewhere else though. Are there any places that have special meaning for the two of you? Are there any picturesque locals nearby. Even sitting on a park bench or strolling down a garden path could be very romantic if you set the right mood. You could for example give her an "early Christmas present" a cute little thing or something that you make) to help set the mood or just start talking about how much you mean to each other and reminisce about past happy events. In my opinion a great proposal is 90% the right mood and only 10% fanfare. Of course you can propose in front of friends and family, but I only recommend that if you''re absolutely sure that both you and she would be comfortable with that.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a nice hotel lobby or bar close by that is decorated really nice? Maybe with a little sitting room with a fireplace or decorated tree? It wouldnt be super private, but if you could find a little place to sit and for the most part be by yourselves. You could tell her you wanted to grab a drink before dinner or that this place has a killer fill-in-the-blank (drink, hot chocolate, cake, etc.).

Would it be possible for you to get your aunt and uncle to leave for an hour or so or get them to stay in another part of the house?

Gale

Shiny_Rock
As NJC suggested, it probably would not be that difficult to arrange for your aunt and uncle to be somewhere else in the house, or even out for an hour while you propose. You will probably find they are more than willing to help you out with this. I really love the idea of tying the ring to a ribbon and hanging it on the tree though! Other than that, her suggestion for a cozy bar sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results