shape
carat
color
clarity

Let me know what you think on this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lightscope

Rough_Rock

I want it to be more about what I say then where it is so I don''t want to go over the top.

Thinking of heading off to this nice lakeside resort.

Her waking up in the morning finding me gone with only a note next her telling her where to go.

From here she will have to walk all around town to different art galleries and such finding these notes which I wrote, all talking about the wonderful memories we have had....

Keeping her on her toes for an hour, which I hope will feel like 10 hours to her she will get a last note and where to find me and I can ask...

Thoughts? ideas?

I always liked making her wait :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does she love art galleries? Just curious. And welcome
36.gif

lightscope

Rough_Rock
Yes she loves art. Not just those places thought, anywhere I can find someone to play along in the process.

But overall, I just wanted to make her run around collecting these love notes (something to remember the day by). And most of all driving her nuts by making her wait. Once she gets the first one she will know, but waiting an hour to get to me will likely drive her insane :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She should love it and it sounds like you are putting in a great deal of effort into making this very special for her! I bet it won''t take her an hour to get to you though once she realises what is afoot!!!
31.gif
Good luck with your plans, have you bought the ring yet????

lightscope

Rough_Rock
Yeah it is taking a little bit of work. She thinks we are going away for color change and it has been planned for a while.

Only worry is would she like to be instantly suprised or will knowing for an hour ruin it for her.....

And yes, she may try, but i am going to make sure it will take her at least an hour.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough call, but you know her best and what would be the most special for her and for yourself of course!! Or you could just disappear and leave a note for her to find, asking her to meet you by the lake at sunset. I am sure you will come up with the right way to do it. GOOD LUCK!!

lightscope

Rough_Rock
I am sure it will workout :)

As for the ring, shopping still. She likes a scott kay setting, and i am eyeing a 2.01 Princess Cut, H color, SI1 with a nice ideal scope.

Also thinking about having her parents be near when she finds me, where she can''t see them until it''s done.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring sounds yummy!!!
36.gif
Don''t forget to post pics when you get it!!! Lovely idea to involve her parents too!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
I think this is great- we gals LOVE surprises! Since she is an art lover- why don''t you try your hand at scetching/painting and paint/draw her a picture for her first clue! Find good quotes about love, possibly from the art world if possible, to put on each clue/painting. Maybe after you pop the question you could hire a local artist to paint a picture of you two? Just some ideas- good luck!!!

lightscope

Rough_Rock
thanks!! Still not sure what to do.

As of now, each note may be an old poem I wrote or some words or quotes I said to her... maybe some old ticket stubs or pics when we first started dating...

and again, I love driving her nuts so the hour wait should be fun :)

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2005 7:29:11 PM
Author: lightscope
thanks!! Still not sure what to do.

As of now, each note may be an old poem I wrote or some words or quotes I said to her... maybe some old ticket stubs or pics when we first started dating...

and again, I love driving her nuts so the hour wait should be fun :)
Oh that''s mean!
2.gif

I love the idea of using poems or momentos from your relationship.

My husband has never done anything like that, but even though the waiting would drive me crazy, I would love it.
9.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
That''s sooooo cute, and, being that I''m particularly close to my folks, I love the idea of having her parents near to congratulate you two!!!!

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Have you thought about what happens if she can''t find the notes? If it is super obvious location, a security guard at one of the art galleries may take it down or not let you put them up in the first place.

If she calls you, would you answer the phone? Is she calling because she can''t find the note or is unsure about what is going on?

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
i agree with the last post. i am the type that probably over plans things, but i would be afraid that she wouldnt find the notes, or soemthing would go worng, and then the whole thing could crumble.

Also, how are you going to get the notes to all of stores? are you planning on doing it beofre she wakes up? or maybe the day before? could you have her parents do it before hand? if it were me, i would try and talk to the stores before i go, either drive up during the week, or maybe just make some phone calls. I would also put on the poem where the next place is, and so she wont get lost but can go from one to the next.

i like the idea, but i got some advice from a friend that just got married, he said to keep it simple, so you dont go crazy and so it all works out.

good luck with it all. hope i was little bit of a help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results