shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I got an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

macrac

Rough_Rock
Here''s what I''ve got planned. I have what I think is a pretty good start, but I need an ending.

The night that I propose, I''d really like to take her to a nice restaraunt. I''ve got one picked out, but I have a problem. As broke college students, we can barely afford to eat out at a pizza joint, let alone a "fancy" restaraunt. So, an offer for such a night out will seem very suspicious. But, I have a plan. Last week I set it up by telling her that my department was having a raffle, and among the prizes was a gift certificate to this restaraunt in town. So, my plan is to buy a gift certificate from this restaraunt (or convince the manager to "make" one for me, since I doubt they offer them), and tell her that I''ve won. That is my in for a nice dinner. Believable, or too elaborate?

If this idea sounds feasible, then maybe you can help cap off the evening. I really don''t want to propose during dinner. I have nothing against this idea, but I''m a very private person, and I want this to be between the two of us. So, I''d love to hear some ideas on how/where to pop the question after our nice meal.

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
I think that's a great idea and not too suspicious. Remember, a lie with fewer details is less suspicious so no need to go into huge detail on how the raffle was run etc. Just tell her you won.

Without knowing where you live, it's hard to say. Can you do something outside afterwards? A walk in the park? A carriage ride? A boat trip? A skating trip? Or maybe just take her somewhere that's special to both of you and have it all set up with candles and rose petals and fairy lights! Champagne and strawberries would be nice too!

Good luck!

Also: what are the odds she'll ask to see the raffle ticket? You might just be able to flash something or tell them you called ahead.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
This idea seems fine, but how about proposing first? This gives the two of you something extra special to celebrate over dinner. You may still need the little white lie if you want her to get dressed up for the occasion.

macrac

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/22/2005 11:19
6.gif
9 PM
Author: sparklish
Without knowing where you live, it''s hard to say. Can you do something outside afterwards? A walk in the park? A carriage ride? A boat trip? A skating trip? Or maybe just take her somewhere that''s special to both of you and have it all set up with candles and rose petals and fairy lights! Champagne and strawberries would be nice too!

Yeah, not really any of that going on here. Also, the weather is still pretty crappy, so outdoorsy stuff might be a wash. I do like the idea of Champagne and strawberries.

Spear

Rough_Rock
I think you should tell her the truth, and ask her to have dinner with you at this restaraunt.
See will be wondering all night, what this special occasion is. And If she asks, you should just tell her that you want to spoil her because of how special she is to you and how complete you are with her in your life.

This will obviously seem suspicious to her. During the night of romance and pampering from your part, she will constantly wonder what you have up your sleeve.
Are you going to ask her for her hand in marage....?
No....not yet anyway?

When you make her breakfast in bed, the following day, your romantic evening will still be fresh in her mind. And that is what you want!

Try to be very affectionate during the rest of the day, but keep your distance.
You want her to spend her day thinking of how great her boyfriend is and how amazing last night was.
Then, during the evening, you pop the big question.
After your big romantic evening, the previous night, she would not believe that you could go any thurther on the romance scale, only to be surprized by an proposal.

Doing this will give you privacy that you seek, and it will also give your proposal a high level of Romantic appeal for your girlfriend.

Thats just what I think you should do.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2005 2:40:29 PM
Author: Spear
I think you should tell her the truth, and ask her to have dinner with you at this restaraunt.

See will be wondering all night, what this special occasion is. And If she asks, you should just tell her that you want to spoil her because of how special she is to you and how complete you are with her in your life.

This will obviously seem suspicious to her. During the night of romance and pampering from your part, she will constantly wonder what you have up your sleeve.

Are you going to ask her for her hand in marage....?

No....not yet anyway?

When you make her breakfast in bed, the following day, your romantic evening will still be fresh in her mind. And that is what you want!

Try to be very affectionate during the rest of the day, but keep your distance.

You want her to spend her day thinking of how great her boyfriend is and how amazing last night was.

Then, during the evening, you pop the big question.

After your big romantic evening, the previous night, she would not believe that you could go any thurther on the romance scale, only to be surprized by an proposal.

Doing this will give you privacy that you seek, and it will also give your proposal a high level of Romantic appeal for your girlfriend.

Thats just what I think you should do.

This sounds nice on paper, but if your girl has been waiting for you to propose like I was, she''ll probably have her hopes up during dinner and end up depressed and pissed off when you don''t ask that night. If you two have talked about marriage (which you probably have since you''re thinking of proposing soon), and you take her out to an expensive dinner that you can''t afford and don''t propose, I guarantee she won''t be thinking about how wonderful last night was - she''ll be wondering what went wrong and why you''re leading her on! Just my perspective as a former Lady in Waiting who was proposed to after a dinner that my now-fiance couldn''t really afford at the time. If he''d waited until the next evening, I would have told him that I''d think about it for a day or two as payback...
11.gif

2.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! Just thought of an exception to my previous post!!

You can do this if and only if you tell her at the very beginning that you have planned a weekend of romance for her. THEN she''ll be thinking about how wonderful and romantic you are!!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ideas that we posted are great so far. I don''t think the raffle story sounds unbelieavable at all. Personally, I think it''s important to propose someplace meaningful to either one of you or both of you, that way she knows that you not only want to spend the rest of your life with her but that you also put a lot thought into the location of your proposal. If the weather is crappy, then maybe surprise her with dessert or strawberries/champagne someplace sheltered (your place?) with candles and flower petals and maybe romantic music or something. It all depends on her and your tastes. Let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results