shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you keep it a secret?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
How does one keep something so nice and sparkly out of sight.....my preecciiouuuss
27.gif
. Heh, Only 13 days to go before I pop the question, but I keep wanting to look at the ring...Hope I dont blow it....
32.gif
Of course she has no idea of this, not even the ring selection or anything....

Layne

Shiny_Rock
DH had the ring for a few weeks before and I had no idea. I was still thinking it would be 5-6 months. He hid it in his drawer and took it out every night to agonize over if it was the right size (it was).

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
I too, wonder if its the right size...funny thing is theres a poll at her office..or rather pool...as to when ill pop the question....believe it or not, the days picked are one of the days ill ask!
6.gif
I wonder if itll still be a surprise....

TexasLawyer

Rough_Rock
Haha...I''ve had the ring for over a week now...I take it out everyday to watch it sparkle.

15 more days...

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Texas Lawyer....I just realized youre proposing on New Years
1.gif
Woohoo

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehe, my boyfriend was doing a pretty good job keeping the secret (I knew he''d bought the ring, but didn''t have any clue how long it would take to get it set before he had it), but then yesterday he took a picture on his camera phone of ice skaters at Bryant Park (in Manhattan). Since he works very close to where we live (in Astoria) and I knew he hadn''t met anyone for lunch or anything, I called him on it and he got all flustered and wouldn''t tell me WHY he had been there. BUT I KNOW!!!
9.gif

So, for all you guys trying to keep the secret, make sure you''re aware of those other little details that could tip us off!
2.gif

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
nice ring...great idea! Im in Vegas when I propose..not sure what to do yet as Idea A was a biggie
9.gif
and not sure if that will pan out
39.gif
...so i might have to use Idea 2 or 3....and im not really sure what those are
15.gif
...the eiffel tower...off the roller coaster? heh...or the canal.....

robianch

Rough_Rock
I had my ring since Oct 10! I just got the final appraisal done and shooting for 12-22. She has no idea. I look at it every day wondering if it''s what she wanted, to small, etc...I am so tempted but I am following my plan.

cadaver

Rough_Rock
I am getting my ring most prob on 22nd, will be proposing on X''mas!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
congrats and best of luck to you cadaver. Good thing this is the next best thing to a ''Help'' group for up coming proposals :) I know I have the HeeBeeGB''s :)

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
How do you keep it a secret? Act like Mr. Bond and trust no one...except maybe her father, whose permission you should get in advance. And her mother, who her father will have to tell. And her aunts and uncles, who her mother will call as soon as she finds out. And her cousins, whose parents, finding out from her mother, will tell casually, when they visit on weekends, as if everyone in the entire world already knows.
Then you have to be extra careful with leaving things around the house. Lock everything up--the diamond brochure from the B&M you never planned on buying from to begin with. The finger size indicators. The maps, satellite recon, sunset calendar for a given date at a particular longitude and latitude, the love story you wrote, and iteneraries that detail proposal plans A, B and C. The receipts for the florist for rose petals from a faraway town that you two are visiting soon for a vacation. Gas receipts from same said town. Credit card bills and bank statements as well. Pay stubs that indicate you were missing from work the same date as that printed on the receipts. Finally, bank wire receipt for a certain online jewelry vendor...lock them all up, along with the ring (quit touching it!), in the safe in the garage, under all the greasy tools she would never think of touching.
Finally, don't forget about electronic countermeasures. Delete all cookies and web history every time you log off the computer, lest she find www.pricescope.com in the history files somewhere. Delete all emails from said online jewelry vendor. Delete all phone call records from the cell phone to said jewelry vendor, local appraiser, and other faraway service providers.

After you've done that, all you can do is hope for the best.
2.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2005 12:06:43 AM
Author: robianch
I had my ring since Oct 10! I just got the final appraisal done and shooting for 12-22. She has no idea. I look at it every day wondering if it''s what she wanted, to small, etc...I am so tempted but I am following my plan.

Hi Robianch,

Good Grief!!!!! How have you kept it a secret for so long?

What kind of ering did you buy? Please post a picture and tell us the spec.

If you have taken the time to pick something out for her, then she will absolutely love it.

Congratulations in advance! Blod
35.gif

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Waited2long: Yup, Im doing the ''Cleaner'' routine and trying not to leave a trail. The parents doesnt know yet!
11.gif
It will be like CNN if they do...and it will spoil everything...

robianch

Rough_Rock
Hi Cat,

I bought the ring on Oct. 10. It''s a 1.52 carat Princess cut in platinum solitaire setting. I keep trying to post pics but they are too big. Still working on it. I had an appoint with accredited gem appraisers and had to wait a month to get an appt with one of the top appraisers (Michael Jordan) and he wound of losing his voice. Finally Nov 28th I got my appointment and peace of mind that i got a good diamond and now I have all of the plans done. I am proposing this Thursday. My GF is sad that Christmas is going by so fast so I decided that starting tomorrow I am going to give her one gift per day until Christmas. This will throw her off. On Thursday she will be expecting me to be home and she will walk in to a candle lit house, Christmas music playing, with 11 roses in a vase with her present. Her present will be an album with a picture of her and me on the cover. Inside will be notes that we have written to each other, cards,pictures, movie stubs, etc and than I will ask her to count the roses. She will count 11 and I will tell her that she needs to find the other rose...She will have 3 clues...First will be a picture of the Christmas tree. There will be a little letter with a picture of our bedroom. In there she will find a picture of the front door. When she opens the door she will find me holding the 12th rose. I will sit her down and get on my knee and ask her to marry me. She has no idea, I can''t wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results