shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope and WhiteFlash!!!

Lawsman

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to say thanks to pricescope for educating me on all aspects on buying a diamond. Who knew this was "another world" of info. I simply was not aware as a average, seldom buyer of diamonds.

Also, want to thank WhiteFlash for being so patient with me during my search and countless emails. You guys rock! I was lucky in that I live in Houston and was able to see in person the diamonds in person that i saw online.

So, we saw the ring setting and diamond last Thursday and is suppose to ship out via FED-EX today. We can hardly wait.

Thanks to all-we think we have a great diamond and was able to save a few $ with Pricescope discount and wire transfer discount.

Lawsman

Rough_Rock
How quickly things can turn on you? First off, I still enjoy Pricescope and all the knowledge gained from here has been fun and very interesting.

As you can see from my previous post, I bought a beautiful engagement ring from WhiteFlash. Customer service prior to sale-super, no complaints.

Well, unfortunately and to my embarassment she said "no, let's wait and see who things go"? She already saw the ring? Well, that's a no and never to me. So, i contacted WF within their 30 day return period. I came in person to return ring on 7/7/10. They inspected it and all was well and good. I asked when I can expect my $ back that was wired to them them a few weeks prior to this date. The person waiting and inspecting the ring turned his head and asked one of the Acct. people when they would send the check back? They said Friday (7/9/10). That was fair enough to me. On 7/13/10 I receive an email stating they received they stated the " order contents have been cleared by our Inventory Department
therefore I have sent a request for your refund to be processed to our
Accounting department."

"They will email you once it has been processed."?

Huh?

I emailed them back on 7/13/10 to ask why and what has changed since I was in the store and told me to my face the check would be mailed on 7/9/10? NO RESPONSE!!!. So I emailed again today a few hours ago asking to please respond to my email sent yesterday? NO RESPONSE as of writing of this?

So take this for what it is worth? I simply am telling the truth and sharing my experience. You can conclude whatever you want to from this regarding WF.

BubbleGumPlant

Rough_Rock
I'm very sorry to hear that things did not work out the way you have planned.

As for the refund, not sure why WF would give you incorrect dates. All I can say is that having worked in retail AND at a bank, returns are slow to process(mainly due to bank turnaround time). I would give it at least 7-10 business days before getting worried. Let us know how it all works out with WF and once again I'm sorry about your woman.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Have you tried calling? Before writing them off, give them a call first - e-mail can get overlooked or sent to spam.

Lawsman

Rough_Rock
Yeah, at the point when I wa told in person one thing and it does not happen, I resort to emails for docementation purposes. Verbals mean nothing. I'm a Project Manager and ahve been "burned" by contractor/owner verbals too many times. Learned a long time in my career to put everything in writing. This decreases the chance of an mis-understandings or mis-interpretations. You know, the lost in tranlation thing?

WF finally responded to my third email requesting update? They stated they need to get the check signed and it would "probably" go out on Friday(today-7-16-10). I wrote them back saying that was great, but it would be easier for me to come on down to their store and pick up the check since I work not too far from thier store. They said they would let Accounting know. We shall see if I pick the check up today or not. If I do, this would be the 7th business day since they had the ring in their possession. Funny thing is, it is amazing how fast they were able to get the stone back on their website-the next day:).

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Lawsman, I am just back from vacation today and see that this has been resolved for you already and that you did pick up your refund last Friday, the 16th.

Having said that, I do want to apologize that you were quoted a time verbally that wasn't in line with our typical window. Our stated refund commitment is five business days after receipt of the returned item. With you coming in on 7/7, the fifth business day would have been the 14th and that is what you should have been quoted. With a few people covering for the busy vacation schedules, we were off by two days.

I've made a notation to cover this topic with our inspection team so we can avoid miscommuncations like this going forward, and I appreciate your bringing it to light.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results