shape
carat
color
clarity

Twistin' USA

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
After seeing some exciting pearl strand twists I decided to play with a few myself. I admit upfront that I don't have neck shots yet. I was just playing with combinations and will take neck shots soon.

First I played with the Akoya and Tahitian ombre strand. The first 2 pix are with my silver Tahitian strand and the next two are with my natural white Handama strand.

_15501.jpg

_15502.jpg

_15503.jpg

_15504.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Here's some more twistin' fun!

First 2 - gold SS and natural white Hanadama

Next 2 - Large Tahitians with silver Tahitians (a very bold look!)

_15505.jpg

_15506.jpg

_15507.jpg

_15508.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Just when you thought it was safe!

Pistachio Akoyas and Vietnamese multi-color Akoyas - two pictures

Large Tahitians and natural white Hanadama - two pictures

066.jpg

_15509.jpg

_15510.jpg

_15511.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
And last (I know, finish up already lol!):

For the candy cane look - Cranberry FW and white Hanadama (2 pix). Then one picture of silver Tahitians with blue Akoyas.

Now I just need to figure out which ones I like best, pick the right shirt(s) and get ready for neck shots!

Please share your twistin' fun too!

_15512.jpg

_15513.jpg

_15514.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Way to go! You have far, far more looks with the pearls than you thought! :)) :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Love them, I did it too a few months ago. Cherry and deep sea green. This is hard on the silk and I find I have to restring them often if I choose to wear them like this much.

torsade2.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Eeek! Just look at all of those lovely combinations! My favorite is the ombre strand with the white akoyas :love: :love: :love:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover - Now that is a truly gorgeous combo! Yummy, sexy ensemble - where did you wear it?

LitGeek - I really love the ombre combos too! That may be the first one I go for - so different!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I wore them to a December evening trunk show at a local jeweler. Pkin are the white pearls twisted with the golden south sea, white metallics?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
What a statement you made! Those whites with the SS golds are natural white graduated Handama I purchased from PP.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Well I sort of guessed right. ;-). When 4ranch and I bought our white metallices, Jeremy brought out a strand of natural white hanadamas to show us how close they looked. Since I don't own a strand of them, I think I will try my white metallics. I have a oval golden south sea strand and like how well yours looked twisted.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1394020471|3627854 said:
Well I sort of guessed right. ;-). When 4ranch and I bought our white metallices, Jeremy brought out a strand of natural white hanadamas to show us how close they looked. Since I don't own a strand of them, I think I will try my white metallics. I have a oval golden south sea strand and like how well yours looked twisted.

Oh please do and share photos with us :wavey: They will look absolutely lovely I am sure :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Litgeek, 4ranch said she twists her natural multi color Vietnamese akoya strand with her baby blue baroque akoya strand, I finally got mine restrung so I can try this out too. I will try to take a photo of this combo and post it.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1394033687|3627943 said:
Litgeek, 4ranch said she twists her natural multi color Vietnamese akoya strand with her baby blue baroque akoya strand, I finally got mine restrung so I can try this out too. I will try to take a photo of this combo and post it.

:appl: :appl: :appl: Looking forward to it!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Copper/pink color shift from PP ruckus and white metallic freshwater.
Baby blue baroque akoya and two strands of natural color, Vietnamese multi color akoyas

babybluevietnameseakoya_edited-1.jpg

metalliccoperwhite.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover - Gorgeous! I love seeing all of the different strands and combinations! Let us know when you wear them and what the reaction is! We're expecting warmer temps next week so I plan on trying a few of my twisters with open collar shirts then!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They both look gorgeous NL :love: :love: :love: And so perfect for spring! I especially love the pink and white :twirl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
What got me thinking of twisting was a photo forum member and friend Httmom posted. Copper/ pink And baby blue baroque akoyas. I remember thinking, I have those colors. I should do that....
Well, I went out side and threw it together. Double strand of baby blue baroque akoya and copper/pink color shift freshwater.

dscf0357.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
There is so much eye candy that I can't decide which pleasures most. Cranberries with whites are truly delicious combination. And Nacre Lover's cherries and greens are out of this world. And blue akoyas with pinks. And and and; I could continue for ever. Great new thread :appl: :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1394131600|3628754 said:
What got me thinking of twisting was a photo forum member and friend Httmom posted. Copper/ pink And baby blue baroque akoyas. I remember thinking, I have those colors. I should do that....
Well, I went out side and threw it together. Double strand of baby blue baroque akoya and copper/pink color shift freshwater.

Those are lovely too :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover -- one word for your twists -- spectacular!!! Unbelievably lovely combinations and colors (I guess I couldn't stop at one word...)!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1394127824|3628713 said:
Baby blue baroque akoya and two strands of natural color, Vietnamese multi color akoyas

Wow Nacrelover, these are to die for!!!!

Pkinnew, some very bold looks as you say! I too like the silver tahitian twist!

I'm somewhat in awe of the fact that you're willing to twist your Hanadamas. I would worry about the pearls rubbing or scratching.
I remember PP staff saying not to keep pearls knotted together for very long for this same reason. (I hope I'm not offending you).

Enjoy your stunning pearls ladies!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl - Thanks for the thoughts on twisting them - I will find the appraisal and check the nacre thickness. I think it was pretty thick but I hope twisting them doesn't hurt them!

I love the other combos and will play more this weekend. I like the color-shifts and pastels a lot - thanks NacreLover!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are some stunning pearl colors and combinations. Wow! :love:

I would think that if you untwist the strands after each wearing, that the amount of rubbing in one spot will be kept to a minimum. I see photos of bins of loose pearls rolling around and think that they must be pretty tough. At least as long as they are kept free of grit and grime. :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1394146052|3628893 said:
NacreLover|1394127824|3628713 said:

Wow Nacrelover, these are to die for!!!!

Pkinnew, some very bold looks as you say! I too like the silver tahitian twist!

I'm somewhat in awe of the fact that you're willing to twist your Hanadamas. I would worry about the pearls rubbing or scratching.
I remember PP staff saying not to keep pearls knotted together for very long for this same reason. (I hope I'm not offending you).

Enjoy your stunning pearls ladies!
Good point! Chenai did tell me that I should not knot my akoya rope as it is too delicate. Bsomlo confirmed this with Jeremy as she has a (stunning!) hanadama strand

pkinnew maybe this a good reason to buy a freshadama, metallic, or even just a fw strand to twist :naughty:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1394187917|3629209 said:
Twisting three strands of multi color Tahitians.

Wow :love: :love: :love: Love the combination of colors and sizes! You just have to wear this sometime.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Pkinnew, from where You have purchaced Your cranberry pearls? The more I stare them, the more I'd love to have cranberries to myself :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - I purchased the cranberries several years ago from The Pearl Outlet (an online pearl store that I believe at one point was run by Jeremy S's brother?). They used to have lots of sales and it was fun shopping there. Their website is still up but I think they only have monthly specials now. You may want to contact them and see if the have any more in stock. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results