shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about baroque pearls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking to buy a strand of tahitian baroque pearls. What should I be looking for? Circling or no circling? Uniform color or not? Should I pay extra for AAA quality or is AA/AA+ good enough? I''m looking at a size of around 9-11mm

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Pearl Paradise is having a Mother''s Day sale and featuring a lot of Tahitians, you might want to check it out just to compare. What kind of a budget are you working with? Is there a specific overtone or look you want?

As a rule of thumb:
-multicolor strands generally run cheaper than solid color strands
-the "peacock" overtone is what people most often seem to associate with Tahitians, but they also come in copper, green, and silver overtones
-circled and baroque strands are usually cheaper than round strands

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
I actually talked to a sales associate and between 2 baroque strands both AAA, one says green body color with peacock overtones and the other one says dark green with peacock overtones....about the same size....she actually said she preferred the less expensive one (only $25 cheaper) because it had more uniform color although she said it was a matter of preference. The more expensive one had more pop of color from one pearl to the next but I guess less uniform for the whole strand. The most expensive one is the green body color with a baroque shape. The least expensive is dark green body color, drop baroque and has some light circling. What do you think about circling on baroque pearls? Does it make them less desireable if it is described as "light" circling?
33.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
The if the circling is lighter, it should be more expensive than if the circling is heavier. You should go with the strand that speaks the most to you, whichever one you are more drawn to. Personally, I find multicolor strands to be very interesting, but of course everyone has their own preferences!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results