shape
carat
color
clarity

Souffle Pendant from PP:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I just received the souffle pendant from PP.

Vendor photo first up:

I have two hesitations:

Hesitation #1:

It is the brother, I tell you, to the Fire Goddess! In size and color. Too similar? I think of the Fire Goddess as funky and fierce. The souffle is elegant.

Neck shots in the next post. Here they are side-by-side:

Hesitation #2:

There is a "wrinkle" on one side of the souffle, which PP told me about before I purchased it. These wrinkles or crevices form naturally with souffles and a few of the souffles on my double strand also have them. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Here's a picture:

fire_goddess_and_souffle.jpg

fire_goddess_and_souffle_pendant_2.jpg

wrinkle_on_souffle.jpg

souffle_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Of course, I get packages at the worst time of day when the light is fading. Here are two neck shots each of the smooth side and the "wrinkled" side of the pendant:

2 smooth side shots:

2 "wrinkled" side shots:

souffle_pendant_smooth_side_1.jpg

souffle_pendant_smooth_side_2.jpg

souffle_pendant_wrinkled_side_2.jpg

souffle_pendant_wrinkle_side_1.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I love it so much. It's just beautiful. I even love the crevice. That side looks like a shark to me...in a very good way. So gorgeous. It's amazing how similar it is to the fire goddess, and yet how different it is at the same time. They complement each other well!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think the soufflé is a sweet addition to almost anyone else's collection, but having a pendant like Fire goddess pretty much sets a VERY high benchmark.

If you think that you are unlikely to get much wear out of the new soufflé pendant, and it is not unique enough to keep in your collection, then perhaps it's not for you? But do keep it and see how over the next few days. You know how pearls can be... The right clothes, the right lighting... BOOM.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous pendant. I am really surprised at how similar the colors are to the fire goddess. I agree with others that the new souffle may not represent enough of the difference to enjoy its own niche in your pearl wardrobe. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with having more than one gorgeous pearl pendant, heaven knows, I find occasions to wear all of mine. :)) :wink2:

And, this is from someone who has purchased souffles because I think they are nifty and amazing, and have pretty much avoided fireballs. Your fire goddess, actually, is the first one that I have really liked. Because, how could anyone not think the Fire Goddess was amazing?

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
They are both great pendants. The crease makes it more organic. How nice to have two complimentary items.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I can see why you are having a difficult time deciding on this one. It is lovely, but I have to agree that the colors are too similar to your fire goddess. If it were me, I would ask PP to make one up in white for an exchange. I just love how your white souffles look with your lavender drops :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok here is me being bossy as in what I would do before sending it back because once it is back it is gone as in forever. I almost always have specific outfits that go perfectly with each and every jewelry piece I have. Diamonds, emeralds, rubies, gem stones and of course pearls. A few are interchangeable but the jewelery makes or completes the outfit. It can end up being so so or a put together wow. Find the perfect outfits in your closet for both of your pendents. Look for neckline and color that shows each off to perfection. Then switch necklaces and see what happens and how you feel. Since I am a jewelry fanatic, always have been and always will be I tend to shop for clothes that enhances the jewelry I already own. But when I find a special jewelry piece I then shop for an outfit that will complete the look I am going for.

Each of your necklaces is a one of a kind even though they might be similar in color. Both of the focal pearls are spectatular and different types. I have a collection of a dozen diamond heart pendents but 3 major statment ones but still white diamonds and gold. If you do decide to send the pendent back will you remember it as the one that got away? or not think of it at all? Answer that then you will know what to do that is right for you.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
4Ranch Girl|1377374378|3509196 said:
Ok here is me being bossy as in what I would do before sending it back because once it is back it is gone as in forever. I almost always have specific outfits that go perfectly with each and every jewelry piece I have. Diamonds, emeralds, rubies, gem stones and of course pearls. A few are interchangeable but the jewelery makes or completes the outfit. It can end up being so so or a put together wow. Find the perfect outfits in your closet for both of your pendents. Look for neckline and color that shows each off to perfection. Then switch necklaces and see what happens and how you feel. Since I am a jewelry fanatic, always have been and always will be I tend to shop for clothes that enhances the jewelry I already own. But when I find a special jewelry piece I then shop for an outfit that will complete the look I am going for.

Each of your necklaces is a one of a kind even though they might be similar in color. Both of the focal pearls are spectatular and different types. I have a collection of a dozen diamond heart pendents but 3 major statment ones but still white diamonds and gold. If you do decide to send the pendent back will you remember it as the one that got away? or not think of it at all? Answer that then you will know what to do that is right for you.

BRILLIANT!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
4 Ranch Girl -- I appreciate the advise. Your last statement is the true test!

Thanks to everyone who commented so far. Your thoughts help me sort through my reactions and feelings.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you did not think I came off to bossy. I just did not think the blue of the top you photographed it in showed the color of the pearls well. It seemed to suck the subtle colors out of them. The perfect example of this is Mrs T's pictures of her new necklace. The black top did not enhance but the bathrobe in the next picture made the pearl colors pop.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The pieces that I really loved, I loved at first sight. Those that I kept cos I thought that they have their niche, still have their niche but I don't love them, and probably never will, not the way that I love my favorites. Which also means that I hardly wear them (those pieces that I don't love) tho I kept them. I actually regret keeping most of them to be honest. I think the $ would have been better served getting new pieces that I really love. :nono:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1377430399|3509447 said:
The pieces that I really loved, I loved at first sight. Those that I kept cos I thought that they have their niche, still have their niche but I don't love them, and probably never will, not the way that I love my favorites. Which also means that I hardly wear them (those pieces that I don't love) tho I kept them. I actually regret keeping most of them to be honest. I think the $ would have been better served getting new pieces that I really love. :nono:

OMG YES. This is exactly right. I wouldn't have been able to articulate it as concisely, but YES.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Your comments are very helpful!

A dramatic turn of events is going to take place regarding the souffle pendant saga.

Stay tuned...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
And just how long will we have to wait to find out missy :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking forward to the revealing of your mystery :ugeek:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mystery should be revealed before the end of the coming week!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy jade -- there has been a delay, but I still hope to reveal by week's end. I'd rather "show" than "tell".

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
So -- the upshot is I ended up with the amazing green metallic souffle pendant! I will be returning the lavender souffle since my hand bypasses it and reaches for the Fire Goddess every time.

You can read about my new souffle pendant and see pictures here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/metallic-souffle-insanity-renamed-helium-balloon-by-new-mom.192927/#post-3512663#p3512663']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/metallic-souffle-insanity-renamed-helium-balloon-by-new-mom.192927/#post-3512663#p3512663[/URL]

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I do love it! But I agree, it is very similar to your Fire Goddess.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hope your ex-soufflé will go to a good home (and owner who will love it more).

Off to the other thread...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I think you made a good decision sending this one back and getting the souffle pendant instead. Oh and your new Snow Goddess is amazing :love:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1377949464|3512816 said:
I think you made a good decision sending this one back and getting the souffle pendant instead. Oh and your new Snow Goddess is amazing :love:

YES.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results