shape
carat
color
clarity

Phenomenal pearl

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I bought this pearl from an unreputable seller. I knew the risk and asked for the item in the picture so that when my item (I was counting on getting a different one than the one in the picture) actually arrived, I could complain and get some money back. That is what happened and I ended up with this amazing pearl for 10 bucks.

I wasn't thrilled about the setting and while I was fiddling with it, I broke the pearl off anyway, so I decided to try my "skills" at wire wrapping. You can see the before pictures, the top edge is chalky white. The front of the pearl, however, is amazing! It looks pink in one light and green in another. It really is stunning and I have never had a pearl like this before. I think it is called "reborn". It looks like a hologram! The pictures just can't do it justice.

Do you guys think that this pearl could be dyed? Also, do you have any ideas for a better setting that would be able to cover the top but not look too bulky?

as it came straight from the seller:
reborn_a.jpg

partial sunlight:
reborn_b.jpg

partial sunlight:
reborn_c.jpg

inside:
reborn_d.jpg

inside:
reborn_ee.jpg

the ugly back
reborn_f.jpg

hologram_dove.jpg
(photo from Dominic's Pics on Flickr)

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
The seller is ec-star809. Be willing to take a risk if you want to buy, though just fyi. Apparently he has more of this color if you want to take a gamble for some fun pearls.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
mynattk,
Thanks .actually I do that all the time .I mean buying pearls from ebay sellers .I have found many beautiful pearls this way .but I had to throw away a few pearls in the process .I have found that basically the findings + stringing is bad but the pearls mostly compare with the high end sellers .

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice pearl for $10! I love the reset you did. You're quite handy.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely pearl.....but it is your wire wrapping that makes it "sing".

quinnox

Rough_Rock
I have a similar kind of pearl, the color is gorgeous and it's not dyed. I'm not sure about it being "reborn" pearl, it's bead nucleated freshwater pearl.

Great job on the wire wrapping :)

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Hey quinnox, do you mean that this is probably a "fireball" pearl? How do you tell the difference between reborn and fireball? I'd love to hear more! I wasn't really much into baroque shapes until recently and then I got a pair of white dangle earrings of pearls shaped like this (except without the flaws). They are amazing, too. I can literally see every color on their surface. Whatever they are, I'm a fan!

Thanks for the kind comments about the wire wrapping everybody. If you come across any better settings, throw them out there.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i've got to ask: what is a "reborn" pearl?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not a fireball as the shape is too round. Fireballs look like comets

quinnox

Rough_Rock
From my understanding, reborn pearl is keshi pearl so it doesn't have nucleus. Your pearl has nucleus, I'm not sure what makes it different from common fireballs except the appearance. But in China, they're doing many pearl experiments so it could be they're coming from different hybrid mussel.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! From the front, your wire wrapping is unbelievably beautiful. I would pay a lot to have something that pretty, especially if it was wrapped with GF wire. Lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results