shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Question and advice needed

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I'm sorry to ask this question again, but I have tried for a while now and I can not get back into the topic I started about a rose gold diamond bead I have that I wanted to make into a bracelet. I'm now leaning towards a necklace, but I was given some suggestions on where to find thread that is easier to use and more durable? I think it had a needle too? I found two stands of pearls from an estate at a consignment shop that I really like. The smaller ones are closest to the size of the bead but I like the bigger pearls. I'm sure the black ones are dyed freshwater pearls but not sure about the smaller ones which are very dirty. How do you clean pearls? I'm not sure if the smaller ones are even real because some have funky shapes. I have attached a few photos. The black ones are pretty yucky too but the tread is really frayed. I appreciate any help you can give me. I don't have a PC and I access this forum through tapatalk and forum runner. I'm not sure if that's why I can't access the forum or not but hopefully I can access this one to read any replies. Thank you in advance ~d

image-3352651480.jpg

image-1417555080.jpg

image-3804778684.jpg

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
CharmedOne,That is a beautiful rose gold bead. I can understand wanting to make something special with it. One source I use to mail order supplies and findings is Artbeads.com. They have silk thread with the needle attached.

I can't tell from your photo if the lighter colored pearls are real or not. If you plan to knot between them and the dark pearls, you might want to see if the drill holes are about the same size. Sometimes the imitation pearls have much larger holes than freshwater pearls, which could make it more difficult to combine them.

Good luck with your bracelet or necklace project!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your help. You guys are always nice over here. :) Pearlsngems that worked perfectly, Thank you. I will be sure to post my finished project! Thanks again ~d

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Pearls are sensitive on any chemical cleanser. So the best way to clean the pearl is to clean it under clean water with a soft non-rough cloth, and air dry after cleaning.

Most freshwater black pearls are dyed or lab treated. However, nowadays the technology can treat them to be like real pearls. Pearls of real or unreal will lose their luster somewhat over the years especially aged pearls without proper maintenance. Both pearl strands seem worn and turned yellow and need to be restrung with double-knots for extra safely. The pearl shapes on both strands consist of near round and off round as a combination. Of course, perfect round is the best grading but prized. However, any shape and size of the pearl can be beautiful given it is premium untreated all natural. Let me know if I answer your question. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results